What are the differences between Samsung Galaxy S and Captivate ?

surinder1508

Disciple
I know that galaxy S has front cam for video calls which captivate doesn't has. But there is one more difference I found on GSMARENA that Galaxy S has 2GB ROM and they didn't mentioned anything for Captivate on that respect so what that means in performance terms.

And please mention if there is any other deference as well.

Re: what are the differences between Samsung Galaxy S VS cativate

Galaxy S has 8gb or 16gb internal memory of which 2gb rom is used for apps. Same thing with Captivate, It is has 16gb internal in which 2gb rom is used for apps. There are no absolute difference in performance terms. Since they both have same hardware, they should perform equally. They have same CPU/GPU/RAM.

Also the design is different. After using Galaxy S I-9000 and Captivate, IMHO Captivate feels more solid while Galaxy S I-9000 feels like a cheap plastic.

Re: what are the differences between Samsung Galaxy S VS cativate

Thanks buddy and there is an another avtar called vibrant with all the same specs then why the hell is battery backup of vibrant mentioned so less then other two.

There plenty flavours on galaxy S

The differences between i9000 and I897 are already as stated above.

Some say vibrant has higher battery backup n some say lower.

Slight differences are understandable even if you try to put both through exact same conditions.

For a simple fact that power consumption can vary alot in amoled with black n non black backgrounds...so unless both are being compared under same conditions, we wont ever get conclusive results.

Stability n rom development wise i have found vibrant slightly better than captivate.

Also, vibrant being exactly same as i9000 in dimension...it is possible to acquire the accessories worldwide.

-This Cryptic Message is brought to you from beyond The MAtrix :p:)

captivate is sleek...go for
front cam is a gimmic

as 3g is too costly ...forget vid calls
airtel takes 1 Rs /sec for 3G hehehe :) when my captivate was running first 3g was by default
active...ripped off my money and then i stopped it.
3g rates will not go down till 2 years .

i have a new captivate ...letting go for 16

sethtech said:
captivate is sleek...go for

front cam is a gimmic

as 3g is too costly ...forget vid calls

airtel takes 1 Rs /sec for 3G hehehe :) when my captivate was running first 3g was by default

active...ripped off my money and then i stopped it.

3g rates will not go down till 2 years .

i have a new captivate ...letting go for 16

It need not be 3G to make a video call.

one can use edge/wifi to make videocalls.

a new vibrant or captivate would most probably cost 200..250usd at max + shipping.

15-16k range is no more lucrative considering sgs i9000 now costs 20k locally with warranty and with front facing camera and better s/w support OOB from samsung.

Do not spend 10-12k above over these phones is what I would suggest considering the local pricing trends.

Back