Web Hosting Help/Advice Needed

casper^

Disciple
Hi All,

Been a long time I posted here. Now I need some help deciding on selecting a webhost with good tech support. I am fedup with many Indian (sad to say because that's our country) webhosts' tech support guys just wasting my time with silly/fake/useless replies and solutions. I have been moving from one webhost to another (looking for a cheap option at this time due to a tight budget).

Once again I need to move to another webhost. Can you suggest one which is good at tech support, decently cheap - cheaper for at least a few months' hosting, and reliable?

I've searched the net and trying to read many reviews, got confused with bad reviews about most of the so-called top webhosts like Host Gator, BlueHost, DreamHost, iPage etc. Can you suggest a good one for me? Good on here means good tech support and cheaper than the others and reliable.

I'm looking for shared hosting for hosting about 2 blogs. Unlimited is not important and 5 GB disk space, 10 GB bandwidth should be enough for at least a few months as I just started my blogs.

Thanks for the help.
Regards,
Casper

i would stay away from hostgator if good support is needed.

my experience with
indianets and outpowerhosting has been excellent !

I have had very good experience with Leapswitch. I use their VPS. They are good people so i expect all their service to be good.

If you need a VPS, popular european host Prometeus has opened up india location in colocation with Leapswitch.

leapswitch ...btw .. how much space are u looking for ?
More than space, I need multiple domains to be supported (3 to be exact). I see HostDime has a cheaper option for that, while the LeapSwitch one provides support for 5 domains at a higher cost, and the space and bandwidth is lesser than the HostDime one too.

Well..the space and bandwidth hostdime is offering is fishy. 100 GB webspace with only 10 GB bandwidth doesnt make any sense. Leapswitch has a more realistic Space/Bandwidth plan according to the price. In my experience, the hosts that promise the Moon and the stars at a cheap price are never a good option.

People who are Referring to hostdime.in shared hosting plans, yes practically the mentioned amount of space cannot be availed because its shared hosting and Industry calls this OVERSELLING, just to lure the Potential buyer.
If anyone wants to host their blogs/website multiple or single, Checkout Leapswitch they have SSD nodes, which are infact faster than traditional hosting these hostdime.in or other hosting brands sell.
If anyone's interested in buying an VPS with Cpanel at an affordable range check out tmzvps.com

Hostgator India is bad, but the original Hostgator US is good when it comes to support and reliability. Since you only need it for 2 blogs (wordpress based I assume), you're less likely to run into any major problems that needs support. Just remember to backup your databases weekly yourself even if the hosting company does automatic backups. I've used more than a dozen of hosting providers including all the above listed ones except leapswitch. Outpowerhosting is good if you are on a budget and needs local payment options, however their support is not upto the mark. Whatever you chose, dont go with Godaddy, iPage and Hostgator india for web hosting.

I'm using it myself for some of my sites and also many of my clients are using it too. They provide affordable plans and have local payment options for India. Server uptime is good and cpanel is fully loaded too. However support may take some time to reply unlike those top hosting providers with 24/7 instant support. If you are on a tight budget, then Outpowerhosting suits your needs. If you are planning to go with Outpowerhosting, it is best to get the domain from registrars like Godaddy as they usually have promotional offers running around like .com for Rs.120 first year, and then use it to setup the hosting account.

As i said before, been using their services for 2-3 years for a few client websites. Cant say anything about their support, coz never needed it till now. Sites are always up, no slowdowns, cPanel has all the features it should have. The only drawback I can find is, it takes my payments 1-2 days to reflect in the account if I pay by netbanking.

Back