WD Blue 160 GB PATA (With warranty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Selling a WD Blue 160 GB PATA hard disk. The story:
Actually I had 80 GB HD, it went kaput and then I sent it to RMA, they didn't had 80 GB, so sent new 160 GB hard disk. It was packed, then I opened it and just checked it. So basically you can tell its new. It has 3 years warranty.

Following are the pictures:
4117337867_305d45ff7f_o.jpg

4117337651_2b2d65dfdb_o.jpg

Price: 1500 Rs(Shipping extra).Price reduced

Hmm... if we add 500 to the existing 1700 + 50 shipping, we reach a magical figure of 2250. Plus a new one will give you 5 yrs warranty. All possible if your willing to spend an extra 500 though.

broadway said:
Hmm... if we add 500 to the existing 1700 + 50 shipping, we reach a magical figure of 2250. Plus a new one will give you 5 yrs warranty. All possible if your willing to spend an extra 500 though.

@ saqib this is what I was trying to explain u no doubt ur drive is new but it has only 1yr warranty left.

^^dude, dont crap my thread. This one I am selling is PATA and hard disks now available are SATA. And you cant find even a SATA HD 320 GB for 2k. First check the prices.

in which world you are wandering dude??? wake up.

you get used 320gb sata2 for Rs.1600/- with ample of warranty :bleh:

dig in market section for old sales.:rofl:

Sorry for OT.. but~
@ronit, if you did read the thread properly you wouldn't post the above said things.. its a PATA(IDE) drive which is for sale and not a SATA drive..
a new 160GB "IDE" drive costs around 2.2k..

P.S: STOP THREAD CRAPPING!

Its not thread crapping, its shedding more information. I dont whats with people who think older tech will fetch premium etc.

A SATA to IDE converter costs approx. 200-300 INR for people who are yet stuck with IDE connections.

If quoting prices of a SATA drive while comparing it with an IDE drive is called shedding information, I'm sorry for the OT..

[NOTE: I thought the seller quotes the price and if its really out of hand(which I don't think it is) someone can point it out in thread compared to current market prices of the same component. And if someone is really interested in buying the hard drive will negotiate via PM]

@Aces170: that is what i expressed. Its shear waste if any sata user is investing here in pata.

@ sathyanaidu: pata 160gb maybe costing 2.2k but this guy is having only a yr warranty and that cost isnt doing any justice. People will probably buy the new ones with 5yrs warranty. Putting Rs 500/ extra isnt a big deal for anyone. He should lower the cost.

You do get 250gb sata for as less as 1300 with atlist 2yrs warranty. And who cares for ide these days??? Makes sense in investing in sata or get SATA to IDE converter as said by Aces170. You can use it for past Pcs and future.

anyways mate good luck with your sale :)

ronit said:
@Aces170: that is what i expressed. Its shear waste if any sata user is investing here in pata.

@ sathyanaidu: pata 160gb maybe costing 2.2k but this guy is having only a yr warranty and that cost isnt doing any justice. People will probably buy the new ones with 5yrs warranty. Putting Rs 500/ extra isnt a big deal for anyone. He should lower the cost.
You do get 250gb sata for as less as 1300 with atlist 2yrs warranty. And who cares for ide these days??? Makes sense in investing in sata or get SATA to IDE converter as said by Aces170. You can use it for past Pcs and future.

anyways mate good luck with your sale :)
+1
OT seriously, unless someone very stupid wants ur hdd, no one is ever gonna buy it at that price. this isnt ebay.
it doesnt matter if its new. its just got 1yr warranty left. besides tht hardly anyone uses ide anymore.
suggest u majorly drop ur asking price. 100 bucks is no big deal for anyone. neither is 500. they rather get a sata one instead. be it 250gb or 320gb.

People with SATA interface and willing to spend more than 1000 bucks will mostly look for 500gb'ish volume drives.

People will PATA boards are the one's who own download rigs or old machines and i don't think they'll be willing to spend 1000+ bucks for IDE hdd's.

Too much has already been said about the price. Let the OP decide if he wants to drop the price or close this FS thread.

ok, last price: 1600 ]

And all, please stop your comments. Comment only if you are genuinely interested. Thanks.

Hey guys, one good news. This drive has warranty upto 7/11/2012 just now checked through the serial number. I checked on westerndigital.com.

So basically, you can say, it has 3 years warranty. I can also give the serial number to interested guys, lemme know and check yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back