WD 1 TB 6 Gbps SATA3 HDD !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presenting First time in INDIA, SATA 3 6 Gbps Hard Drive -- WD 1 TB Black SATA 3

wd-SATA6.jpg

5 Yr Warranty.

Price -- 5400/- Shipped

Order 5 or more Drives and get it for 5100/- Per unit :)

WOW! but i am not sure if Mechanical drive can come anywhere close to saturate the bandwidth of SATA 3 interface

panther said:
WOW! but i am not sure if Mechanical drive can come anywhere close to saturate the bandwidth of SATA 3 interface
true its just a marketing trick....

@smc

nice pricing....

yes mechanical drives can't even saturate sata 3gbps but sata 6gbps is the new standard and it's the way to go for new drives.

this drive is not just about sata 6bps, this one has dual actuators and new dual core processor like the WD 2TB ones and two 500gb platters compared to the three 333gb platters of FALS, so with sata 3gbps itself this one is a performer :)

_

But guys remember these Drives wont work in any RAID configuration, if you need to set up any RAID-0 buy the RE version or Seagate XT.

^^^ what are you talking ???

I've never heard of any special hdd's to setup RAID :S

also please elaborate on the sata2 performance that you have said before. because reviews say there is not much of a diff. using this in sata3 or sata2.

_

I've never heard of any special hdd's to setup RAID

I just tried a lot with my Marvell, but they are not at all working. May be someone please buy two and confirm this here.

also please elaborate on the sata2 performance that you have said before. because reviews say there is not much of a diff. using this in sata3 or sata2.

I am sorry, its a mistake and correct as they are not performing well in SATA 3.

I have Setup Lot of Drives in Raid with Onboard Controllers. Desktop can perform in Raid 0, 1 ,5, 10

But Yes performance wont that awsome as one would expect but Raid 0 sure does improve the performance but not 50%. It does a punch hole of 10% - 15%.

the thread would become more interesting if some geek could throw in info about what SATA 3 really is..

will help a noob like me.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back