Warranty claim using scanned copy of bill. Will I face any issues ?

Will a scanned copy of bill be sufficient for warranty claims ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Idea

• No

• Total voters
I bought some electronic item from ebay.in. The seller was from Punjab and he shipped the stuff to me. Lately I realized that I need to claim the warranty (it has been three months now, and 9 months warranty is still left) and I found that I can't locate the original bill. I requested the seller for the bill and he emailed me the scanned copy of the bill graciously.

Now I do have the scanned copy of the bill with me. Do you guys think I'll face any issues if I present the bill to the Samsung Service Center ?

Nobody wanna comment here
<

he could have couriered the original bill itself if he is in possession of it.

That doesnt matter as far as the bill is the true copy of the original...

Do one thing. Print the bill and then xerox it. That might fool the SC
<
They might not be able to make out if its a xerox of original or a scanned and then xeroxed copy.

No you will NEVER face any issues, you're not committing any crime !! your are a customer and a decent enough consumer to look for a scanned copy. Always remember 'customer is the boss' .
<

I've got 2 motherboards, 1 Monitor , multiple hard disks , 1 Samsung cellphone, 1 Nokia Cellphone , 3 laptops etc... RMA'd using(actually emailing) a scanned copy of the bill. Even a Xerox of the original bill will do.

Hell, I remember Aman getting a XFX board replaced past it's warranty period by showing the proof a 3 year warranty by the sticker printed on the mainboard box and that too from Rashi Peripherals, basically no one will refuse you if you talk kindly and show some respect.

the last time i went to a SC for RMA on my pc motherboard all they did was ask me whether my board was in [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]warranty[/font] and nothing more they didnt even bother looking at my bill so a scanned shud be good enough but then again it depends on product

Back