Storage Solutions Want to buy USB 3.0 flash drive

sam9953

Adept
Hi guys I am planning to buy a new pen drive but I have few questions from you all so that I can make an intelligent purchase?

Product related queries
1) Are USB 3.0 Flash drives, 3 times faster than USB 2.0?
2) Apart from from being faster than USB 2.0, do they provide any other advantages?

Purchase related queries
1) I want to buy a 32 GB flash drive, I can see that very cheap USB 2.0 flash drives are available from online stores, are such cheap and good quality USB 3.0 flash drives available in India currenty?
2) If they are not available in India, suggest me some good USB 3.0 flash drives which I might get from Europe (as my father is in Ukraine, currently)

Hi guys I am planning to buy a new pen drive but I have few questions from you all so that I can make an intelligent purchase?
Product related queries
1) Are USB 3.0 Flash drives, 3 times faster than USB 2.0?
2) Apart from from being faster than USB 2.0, do they provide any other advantages?
Purchase related queries
1) I want to buy a 32 GB flash drive, I can see that very cheap USB 2.0 flash drives are available from online stores, are such cheap and good quality USB 3.0 flash drives available in India currenty?
2) If they are not available in India, suggest me some good USB 3.0 flash drives which I might get from Europe (as my father is in Ukraine, currently)

Answers:
1) Yes they are faster. Some USB 3.0 pendrives are upto 5 times faster than other USB 2.0 Pendrives.
2) Nothing but faster pendrives are what you need since u are gonna buy a 32 gb. They are the future.
3) There are cheap USB 3.0 drives in India from Transcend and Corsair, but they are not the fastest USB 3.0 drives.
Caution: Corsair Blue model is to be avoided, go for the red model their GT series. Else stick with transcend models.
4) No idea in Ukraine. Instead you could buy from newegg/amazon and get it through SnS or ICC.

Extra: Check the read and write speeds on them b4 buying. Also since you are going for 32gb model check their heat endurance capacity.

Go through
http://www.techenclave.com/storage-solutions/post-your-hd-tach-scores-13933/
for more advice on them.

Answers:
1) Yes they are faster. Some USB 3.0 pendrives are upto 5 times faster than other USB 2.0 Pendrives.
2) Nothing but faster pendrives are what you need since u are gonna buy a 32 gb. They are the future.
3) There are cheap USB 3.0 drives in India from Transcend and Corsair, but they are not the fastest USB 3.0 drives.
Caution: Corsair Blue model is to be avoided, go for the red model their GT series. Else stick with transcend models.
4) No idea in Ukraine. Instead you could buy from newegg/amazon and get it through SnS or ICC.

Extra: Check the read and write speeds on them b4 buying. Also since you are going for 32gb model check their heat endurance capacity.

Go through
http://www.techenclave.com/storage-solutions/post-your-hd-tach-scores-13933/
for more advice on them.

Extremely helpful post, you deserve some rep for this.

So currently do you think it is a better option to buy a 32 gb one from India or get one from abroad? Looking at the current scenario as 3.0 USB ones are still to flood the Indian markets, which would be a better choice?

^Buy from India. Corsair will be the optimal choice. I own it and am completely satisfied.

PS: USB 3.0 drives are upto 10 times faster as compared to 2.0. Though this theoretically, you can still get speeds upto 80MB/s write speed as compared to crappy 5MB/s 2.0 PDs or ~12-20MB/s in case of Voyager.

Back