Want to backup data!! Cant afford to lose it

Game24

Disciple
Hello guys, i messed it up seriously this time. Actually by mistake my H: drive got formatted and i was using the program from the same drive...so it said close application in the drive..later it restarted & it doesnt boot anymore.

I removed it from the laptop & connected it to a computer having windows7, went to Local Disk Management & the entire 500gb hdd shows as missing. I tried to reactivate it, but no help.

I cant afford to lose any data. The data is around 125gb+.

I put in the Windows 7 disk, & there it shows the entire hard disk as 1 block of 456gb. & then it shows free space around 331gb.That means the data is still there on the hard disk. I dont want to give it to any other computer technician bcoz Im afraid that he may just ask to format the entire thing.

Please help me :'(

Google "recover formatted data". Get as many different software as you can. Use them one by one for recovering data from the affected drive. Success rate of recovery varies. You might know this already, do not use the affected drive for anything else other than scanning. Do not save files there, try to recover deleted files there etc...

You will have to use something like "Deep Scan" or "Surface Scan" depending on the software as you have to recover data from a formatted drive. Depending on the size of the drive, it will take a few hours to complete the full scan. You will also need to have at least enough free storage space as the partition/drive you are trying to recover.

Start by trying this.
Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

If the data is of utmost importance, then you can use professional data recovery services which will be a better option. These services are costly and they will not destroy you drive in the process. Be ready to shell out 5K+ based on the amount of data that needs to be recovered.

Back