Budget 31-40k Upgrade Required for Gaming

emceeb

Disciple
  1. Q: What is your budget?
  2. Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor/TV – Viewsonic 19 Inch
    • Keyboard – Microsoft Wired Desktop 500 Black Combo
    • speakers – Don’t want
    • AMD 3.4 GHz AM3 Phenom II 965 Processor
    • Asrock Extreme3 970 R2.0
    • Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) x2
    • WD Caviar Blue 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard
    • Cooler Master Elite 311 Mid Tower Cabinet
    • Corsair VS450 450 Watts PSU
    • Sony DRU-880S Internal Optical Drive
    • ATI Radeon HD 6670 GPU 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card
  3. Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor/TV – Viewsonic 19 Inch
    • Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) x2
    • WD Caviar Blue 500 GB Desktop Internal Hard
    • Corsair VS450 450 Watts PSU
    • Sony DRU-880S Internal Optical Drive
  4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU – AMD FX-6300
    • GPU – Need Suggestion
    • SSD- Need Suggestion
    • Cabinet- Xigmatek Alfar Window Mid Tower Cabinet Keyboard –
    • Keyboard Mouse – Need Suggestion
  5. Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Almost final for 1 year. Will upgrade Monitor
  6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes, depends upon condition and warranty
  8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • AMD. Not sure why never had anything else for my last 3 configurations.
  10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS – CODMW4, BF4, GTA V

1. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage[/FONT]
    1. Gaming - 1900 X 1080 (Preferred) 1600 X 900 will do too
    2. Desktop -1900 X 1080 (Preferred) 1600 X 900 will do too
  1. Q: Are you looking to overclock?
    • Maybe
  1. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 64 bit

You're primary use is gaming so a 750ti wont cut it. You will be forced to reduce the resolution and quality settings which is a waste of 10k+.
Dont blow so much money on a cabinet and kb/mouse. corsair/nzxt cabinets for ~2.5k will be more sensible and shift the extra funds towards your gpu.
A gtx 960 or r9 280 would be more appropriate for your needs otherwise go for a 270x if your over-budget.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1130?vs=1043
Your mobo is fine.

Thankyou both. Will upgrade the processor and gpu. Cabinet and all is not much. Maybe will postponed buying a proper gaming mouse and KB. The gpus prices are really gone up. But will try and sell processor and old gpu and buy it.

Brilliant so let me just upgrade the processor and other things use the old gpu for sometime and then upgrade.
Fyi, new amd cards will be announced in early june so you might be able to get a discount on the older models.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430993083][/DOUBLEPOST]Question when I put in Amd Readeon r9 270x why do I get so many results as in varying in company like sapphire and msi. Which do I go for.

The chip is made by AMD who then sell it to Add-In-Board Partners i.e. msi, sapphire, asus, zotac etc. These AIB's use the chips with their own PCB's and coolers which are then resold to us. the main differences between them all would be in cooler design, warranty, price and sometimes clock-speeds too.
Zotac has the longest warranty i've ever come across (5yrs w/ registration). the rest have 2/3 yr warranties.
Sapphire seems to offer the lowest prices on average.
Asus seems to be reliable with a lot of brand loyalty,
Msi cards are usually the top performers but it has limited warranty service coverage in India,
Gigabyte products tend to have a lot of extra features but are also pricey.
Others include xfx, evga, powercolor, gainward, galaxy etc. They are all good brands overall so i don't think you can go wrong with any of the above. Just look up reviews of after sales service in your city for the respective AIB.
It would most likely come down to price and availability.

Last edited:
Brilliant so let me just upgrade the processor and other things use the old gpu for sometime and then upgrade.
[DOUBLEPOST=1430993083][/DOUBLEPOST]Question when I put in Amd Readeon r9 270x why do I get so many results as in varying in company like sapphire and msi. Which do I go for.

Go for sapphire or Asus if you are getting an AMD Card

Get an used Graphic card with 1 or 2 years of warranty left on it, in this way you will get a better performing graphic card for the same amount of money. Getting an used CPU and Ram(corsair) will also be a good option since the CPU and RAM Fails less than the other components which would further save you money which you can pour into graphic card. With a better graphic card you might have to change your SMPS so please keep power consumption in mind before getting a new graphic card, a 600W SMPS is a best bet.

Okay my MB seems to be Busted. All i get is different beeps when I put Ram GPu in. Read lot of forums and have come to a conclusion that it is busted. I might get a replacement but if not then what board do you people suggest with FX 6300 ?

Sorry im not well-versed with motherboards particularly with amd chipsets but 1 piece of advice i have is to avoid gigabyte mobos because they launch a feature rich board that gets reviewed and then sell 'revised editions' that have these features/extra cut out with no clear marking/differentiation.

i also remember reading somewhere that amd's new socket am4 will be cross compatible between amd's desktop cpu and apu lines, however, it's launch date is unknown and most likely a year away. I know this isn't particularly relevant but thought you might want to know.

Sorry im not well-versed with motherboards particularly with amd chipsets but 1 piece of advice i have is to avoid gigabyte mobos because they launch a feature rich board that gets reviewed and then sell 'revised editions' that have these features/extra cut out with no clear marking/differentiation.

i also remember reading somewhere that amd's new socket am4 will be cross compatible between amd's desktop cpu and apu lines, however, it's launch date is unknown and most likely a year away. I know this isn't particularly relevant but thought you might want to know.

Thanks so Gigabyte is a no no. So i guess that leaves me with Asus. Coz I have already used MSI and from what I remember MSI has closed shop in India. Also I had high hope from Asrock when i got the 970 but when the problems came and I did some research there were like forums and forums of people with the same issues as mine and the only solution was replacement.

Can anyone suggest a good Asus motherboard.

1) Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
2) Asus M5A97 PLUS
3) Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
4) Asus M5A78L-M LX PLUS V2

Thanks so Gigabyte is a no no. So i guess that leaves me with Asus. Coz I have already used MSI and from what I remember MSI has closed shop in India. Also I had high hope from Asrock when i got the 970 but when the problems came and I did some research there were like forums and forums of people with the same issues as mine and the only solution was replacement.

1) Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
2) Asus M5A97 PLUS
3) Asus M5A78L-M/USB3

Whats your budget for the motherboard ?
do you plan to overclock the processor in the future ?
Did your computer case have a front USB 3.0 slots ?

1) Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
2) Asus M5A97 PLUS
3) Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
Asus M5A97 PLUS

Whats your budget for the motherboard ?
do you plan to overclock the processor in the future ?
Did your computer case have a front USB 3.0 slots ?

Na getting a new case.

Asus M5A97 Motherboard 2.0. This looks good. Yea I might overclock. Thinking of getting a Cooler too.

If you want to overclock(light overclock) then get ASUS M5A97 rev 2.0 (Non le version) which has a heat-sink over the NB, Its a bit expensive than the Le version but it is very stable motherboard. I got 2 of these motherboard running in my home.

Back