Budget 15-20K Torn between Lenovo P780, Xperia C and LG G Pro Lite Dual == Ordered MOTO G

MaRKiV

Adept
I am looking for a sub 20K phone for my dad want to gift him for the new year, more details below

1. Budget?
A: Sub 20K.
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: Which ever is good for reading ebooks.
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Apple.
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen.
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Good Camera for Video Calls.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android, since he is familiar with the OS. Windows is fine too, but he needs to relearn the OS
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G and WiFi
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Apart from phone calls and Watching Videos in youtube, Listening to music and video Chat
10. Any other requirements?
A: Should not hang or need to be reset frequently, should be good for a novice user. Also good cell tower signal reception needed since the phone will be used while travelling extensively.
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Lenovo P780, Sony Xperia C and LG G Pro Lite Dual

I am open to any other options too in the sub 20K category.

I will give more importance to a phone that is hassle free to use, than that aesthetics. More priority will given to phone which has good call quality and wifi/3g connectivity than screen resolution and camera performance.

Galaxy S3 is available around ~21/22k these days.
I am looking for a dual sim phone, does S3 sport a dual sim version?

Also has any one here got a hands-on with Lenovo S820? Seems to be on par with the P780 but with far lesser issues on wifi connectivity. Would the S820 be a better choice at the expense of battery backup?

P780 is not good for:
3 and 6

although all 5 inches android phones can be used for reading eBooks, none are good at it; owing to their small screen.
It doesnt stop the voracious readers though. My cousin sister was reading novels ( txt files) on her old mobile with 1.8 in screen. Last year she got xperia mini (3 in screen) and now reads novels on it. She has no desire to upgrade.

Back