Thief - Discussion Thread

hirumon

Disciple
What we heard: At this point, Eidos Montreal's second in-development project can scarcely be considered a mystery. Not long after announcing Deus Ex 3 in 2007, the game maker said its next upcoming project would begin with the letter "T," narrowing the prospects down to a new installment in the Tomb Raider or Thief franchises. Then last month, a franchise fan noticed that the typeface in a teaser banner was nearly identical to that used in previous installments in the Looking Glass Studios franchise.

Now, the most definitive indicator yet has arisen, courtesy of an advertisement found in the most recent issue of Edge magazine. According to the ad (a photo of which was posted to GameSpot's forums by user angelkimne), Eidos Montreal plans to unveil its second project next Monday, on May 11. The ad then lists three awards attached to the project: GameSpy's Hall of Fame, as well as GameSpot's Greatest Games of All Time and 10 Best Heroes in Gaming.

One look at GameSpot's 10 Best Heroes feature, and it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes-caliber reasoning to figure out just what Eidos is up to. Notably, the only Eidos-owned hero to appear on GameSpot's list is none other than Garrett, better known as the stealthy antihero of the Thief franchise.

The official story: Eidos representatives had not responded to requests for comment as of press time.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus.

Source:Gamespot

Re: Thief 4 stepping out of shadows May 11?

Thief 3 was a total sucker or at least for me. :|

Thief 2:TMA - completely loved the game and played it twice over. Loved Garett in the game. :D

Looking forward for this one.

Gannu said:
Thief 3 was a total sucker or at least for me. :|

Thief 3 wasn't that bad, well it had one hell of a storyline!

Need to see how the new one turns out!

only played thief 3 and enjoyed, hope it lives up to its name

we are waiting mr. garrett :eek:hyeah:

Thief 4 - photo snapped in the wild!

Guess who's back baby! :eek:hyeah:

5WnSR.jpg

That's our man Garrett with a bow in the hand and possibly the X360 console at the lower left. The photograph was leaked from the Eidos-Montreal studio and shows the game being playtested. The game was officially announced on May 2009 and more details might turn up at the upcoming GDC 2011 at San Franciso, CA.

Source

One of the legendary stealth-action series is going to be back in awesomeness! :eek:hyeah:

Re: Thief 4 - photo snapped in the wild!

Thief was one of the best games early in the 90s. It introduced concepts like physics in games. killing a guard and trying to hide his body on a rooftop was fail cos the body would slide down. That was one of the most fascinating things I had experienced back in the day. This game is on my must-play list. I hope it comes out on the PC.

It would definitely come out for the PC considering the previous titles did. :)

I wonder what could possibly be the newer elements in the game. Deadly Shadows did improve over the previous two - the most important being the open-ended gameplay so Garrett could approach the several missions in multiple ways rather than concentrating on the completion of a particular objective without which one cannot progress to the next. Then we had the ability to switch between first-person and third-person views, level design, amazing lighting effects, fluid controls, voice acting, side quests among others.

I'm hoping that this game is considerably different from the Assassin's Creed series. Considering both are stealth based and based on the medieval era. The experience should be different. Else all young punks who havent experienced the earlier titles of Thief will be calling it a assassins creed spinoff -.-

^If you love the stealth-action genre plus the Medieval-age level design give it a try. :)

Gannu said:
^If you love the stealth-action genre plus the Medieval-age level design give it a try. :)
Like it? :p LOVE IT, but am wondering whether to play it or not cause i'm a big time GFX whore, lol.

thief was one if the 1st games i played and one of the best.. i think the best stealth game ever... cant wait for this... cant wait to play as GArret

Aman27deep said:
Like it? :p LOVE IT, but am wondering whether to play it or not cause i'm a big time GFX whore, lol.
What are you waiting for then? Grab the copy right away. The graphics wouldn't be all that bad even if you were to play it now. I recall using a 7900GT back then and couldn't max it out on the card with a 17" CRT display. :ashamed:

Woot! :D

I never finished a Thief game, but whatever I played was great! I remember being fascinated by it's awesome stealth gameplay back in those days. Hoping for it to come on PC.

Back