The Logitech Z5500 - Making the Walls Crumble!

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Hello Friends! :)

Ultimately bought the Logitech Z-5500 speaker system for my computer a few days back. This is has been a long time dream to own this setup and finally I'm really really happy to have one in my room! It was a monster of a task lifting the packaged box of this... hehe!

Now onto the photographs of the speakers and the beastly sub-woofer:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Impressions:

I will be putting the entire speaker system setup in my new room next month in a more proper way but here are my initial impressions thus far:

These are an amazing set of speakers! I've been watching movies on them and playing games (mainly FPS) on these babies and they envelope my room excellently well. Once the meaty sub-woofer kicks-in it's a sheer joy to feel the punch of the explosions and fire-fights in movies and games span around the room in all it's glory. Hell, the first time the clinging of bullet shell-cases hit the ground in a movie I was watching, I felt it right next to me... total immersion!! same with loud thunder! :clap:

A few details:

Product: Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System
Damages: 16.2k + VAT
Purchased from: M.D. Computers (Kolkata)
- Big Cheers and hopefully my next show-off will be soon! :eek:hyeah:

awesome...atleast u got your mind settled and got the z5500:hap2:....me waiting eagerly for your next mega show-off..:p

(puro pagla jinis):cool2:

Many THANKS to all! :)

@ Sankhadeep :

Yes mate, at last resorted to the Z5500! But yah... before the mega-showoff I have a little something else I got, some red and black. ;)

@ HailStonE:

Lol, trying hard not to wake up da neighbors... but with that monster of a sub-woofer I'm lucky they haven't yet come to beat me up! :p

@ desiibond:

Yes mate, that sub-woofer is absolutely huge! I had the Z-2300 before this but the sub on this one dwarfs it. The sheer size of the sub and it's weight got me at awe the first time I took at out of the box. :cool2:

@ dhruvrock2000:

I remember speaking to Sankhadeep the other day exactly about this thing. See, I had the Logitech Z-2300 (running on my mobo's audio) and the sound was indeed good. Very bassy and movies definitely had the boom effect. I had upgraded then from a But what I was missing was the simple clarity in music or movies. I mean when I was hearing dialogues in movies they were drenched in overflowing bass and the result was not very nice on the ears. Same with music, too bassy on the Z-2300.

However with these coupled with the Xonar the sound is very very pleasing on the ears. I'm no major audiophile, but the bass is rich but doesn't overflow to the point of marring the beauty of the music being played. I guess once I have mounted the satellites on the wall the sound will have a better grasp on the surrounding environment to a greater degree. :)

dhruvrock2000 said:
Gosh... this makes me even more confused... lol is there any Z5500 owner from Delhi who could lemme audition it :D

Thanks for the reply mate...

Are you in hunt for new speakers? Which set of speakers are you looking to buy? If strictly for music then I would probably say go for a solid 2.1 setup with a good audio card. I wanted to get that gripping surround sound on a 5.1 system for my movies and games and that these speakers belt out great which is why I shelled out the extra money on these babies.

Thanks a lot for sharing this, I thought only Logitech showroom(E-Mall) have this,but glad to know that shop like M.D deal that, Can you give the approx weight of the complete package(when Box Packed) ?

dissel said:
Thanks a lot for sharing this, I thought only Logitech showroom(E-Mall) have this,but glad to know that shop like M.D deal that, Can you give the approx weight of the complete package(when Box Packed) ?

There was only one set available when I bought it, I was a tad lucky. I usually buy all my stuff from M.D., great shop.

Ummm... the entire box would weight close to 25 kg's... pretty darn heavy, mainly the weight of the massive sub-woofer.

Back