Graphic Cards Temperature of GTX 660 reaching 80 degrees

gaurav3282

Disciple
Hello people.... I recently bought MSI GTX 660 OC edition(Single Fan) and it works pretty well but the issue is when I start playing Bioshock infinite the temperature rises upto 80 degrees... even after running furmark it reaches 80 deg... my system config is as follows :
i5 2400
4Gb gskill ripjaws
MSI p67-gd 65 (b3)
GX 450 CM PSU...
NZXT Gamma Cabby
Well regarding exhaust its good enough and everything is just neat and clean from inside... Its just regarding temperatures do I need to worry about?This card is not the twin frozer edition.. This can be the reason for the extra heatup?Coz single fan card and twin fan can make a difference... Do I need to add an after market cooler?Also other games run fine and battlefield 3 was played @ 69 Deg MAX temperature... NFS most wanted also @ the same temperature.... Idle temperatures of the card vary from 32-38 degrees...

it's fine...
you can check your cabinet's airflow, see if it improves the temperature!
but up to 80 is ok, you needn't worry

Try playing with your Side panel off,if there isnt that much of a difference in temperature then your case has good air flow,if the difference is large get more fans,but dust is a big issue.

Try playing with your Side panel off,if there isnt that much of a difference in temperature then your case has good air flow,if the difference is large get more fans,but dust is a big issue.
Already mentioned bro airflow is good enough... its just the game is crazy enough to push the gpu to its limits.... anyways as mentioned by the fellow mates its OK to play @ that temperature so its fine with me... would definately put an intake fan in front of my cabby in future....

dont worry and keep playing its normal

EDIT: please edit your Avatar .... doesnt look good on a tech forum where people mostly login from there work places

Back