Teewe 2 Wireless Media Streaming Stick launched at Rs. 2,399

hunt3r

Skilled

Many of you may have used or heard of the original Teewe, which was launched last year in partnership with Snapdeal. Mango Man Electronics, the company behind Teewe, has now launched the upgraded Teewe 2, which is available starting today via the company's website or though Amazon.in, for Rs. 2,399.

The Teewe 2 is a competitor to Google's Chromecast and allows to you stream media between various devices such as your PC/laptop, smartphone and your TV. It supports multiple platforms and works across Windows/Mac/Linux and Android/iOS/Windows Phone. The device supports streaming of all kinds of content such as images, music and video up to 1080p resolution (including H.264 decode support). It also supports screen mirroring on the desktop/laptop through a chrome plugin.

I attended the Bangalore launch of the Tewee 2 and had an interaction with the team and a hands on with the device. The biggest change compared to the original Tewee is an upgraded SoC and WiFi chip and a significant reduction in the size of the device. The upgraded SoC is has a dual core Cortex A9 CPU and a "quad core" GPU which was confirmed to be a Mali 400 MP4. After a bit of digging and subsequent confirmation from the company, I determined the SoC to be a Rockchip RK3066. The device also features an upgraded Wifi chip (Though it is still limited to 802.11n at 150 Mbps and 2.4 Ghz) and an improved antenna design. The other highlight is that the device is about 30% smaller than the original Teewe.

In addition, Teewe has also announced partnerships with Eros for content, where users will get 2 months of free ErosNow premium subscription and with Airtel for broadband, where users will get an additional 20 GB added to their monthly download limits for a period of three months. (They mentioned that these would also be available to Teewe 1 users, though at a later date)

During the demo at the launch, the device worked quite seamlessly and we did not experience any issues. In fact, all the demo videos were streamed live on the TVs/projectors using a Teewe 2 device. I have received a review unit and hope to have a full review up in some time.

You can find more information on the company and the device at their website here.

During the demo at the launch, the device worked quite seamlessly and we did not experience any issues. In fact, all the demo videos were streamed live on the TVs/projectors using a Teewe 2 device. I have received a review unit and hope to have a full review up in some time.
who is we?

Hmm, what about the case where I want to route the audio to better than TV speaker system?

You'll need a AV Receiver with multiple hdmi in, or hdmi audio splitter Or your TV should have proper Audio out facilities.

Good AV Receiver will cost around 15k.

None of the TV sticks will have that option effectively implemented.

You'll need a AV Receiver with multiple hdmi in, or hdmi audio splitter Or your TV should have proper Audio out facilities.

Good AV Receiver will cost around 15k.

None of the TV sticks will have that option effectively implemented.
Thanks, so there is no hope of these sticks ever coming up with dedicated analog audio out.
Understandably so, HDMI has taken on the world, and most people seriously don't care about audio quality.
:(

AV Receiver is outta question for me. But hey your point about using TV audio out looks to be a good option. Now I just need to ascertain that TV audio out doesn't cause a loss of fidelity (I am presuming that even if it does, it will be very less to make a difference to my ears).
Thanks, the solution was staring at me all along, but I didn't think of it!

Back