Teamviewer Lan transfer speeds

Arjun

Skilled
I am using teamviewer Lan connection to transfer files between 2 PCs, i am getting only 2 mb/s speed , both NICs are running in 100 mbps mode so i should get around 10 mb/s.

heres the hardware that i am using

Dlink DSL502t modem connected to Asus RX3041 router (it supports 100mbps)

PC1 connected to asus router through realtek gigabit onboard NIC
PC2 connected to asus router through D-Link DFE-520TX PCI 100mbps Lan card.

Both PCs are placed around 5 feet away from the router.
Why am i getting such slow transfer speeds?

I tried windows xp built in remote desktop connection today and got similar transfer speeds. A 700 mb file took about 5 min to transfer, during the transfer windows task manager was showing around 25 % network utilization.

why dont you use a simple 5 or 8 port 100mbps switch? It costs somewhere between 500 and 700/-. It ll surely give 10+ mbps if transferred the file by enabling "file and printer sharing" or admin share using "$".

^ My current router Asus RX3041 has integrated 4 port switch, so shouldnt this method work on my present router too?

dOm1naTOr said:
why dont you use a simple 5 or 8 port 100mbps switch? It costs somewhere between 500 and 700/-. It ll surely give 10+ mbps if transferred the file by enabling "file and printer sharing" or admin share using "$".
Finally tried this method with the same hardware and now getting 10mb/s transfer speed, so it was teamviewer & RDP causing the slow speeds not the hardware.

Back