Other Tata docomo gsm issue

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I'm using tata docomo gsm since june 2011. My sim came with base tariff 1p/sec local and std.

I use my no. only for calling purpose....no extra packs, caller tunes etc.. or anything.

Since past 2 days I'm receiving this smses stating:

Hi! Your free roaming plan will expire on 24th April, 2014.

I'm not getting clearly what they mean by this??

For that, I called their cust. care and a lady told me that the base plan expires after 2-3yrs and then auto converts to regular plan of Rs.1/min. Wtf? :mad:And told me to avail rate cutter plans to enjoy similar benefits.

That left me in a shock!!!:arghh:

To confirm, again i had a chat with their cust care, and he made me assured that the base plans stays forever and told me to relax and ignore that sms as it is due to some technical issue from the server end. :|

Now I'm really confused here. I'm in pune since past more than a year now. And this sim serves all my local calling purpose.

Also, Tata treats Maharashtra & Goa as one single circle so the question of roaming arises only if i go out of state, isnt it? Please clarify though. :confused:

Has anyone faced similar issues with their tata docomos?

Last edited:
Not received any such SMS either, have the same plan, for Mumbai. The base tariff will remain the same for certain older cards only, for some the tariff can change - its pre paid after all. I would not worry about it for the time being.

Yes, roaming only out of MH&G

Not received any such SMS either, have the same plan, for Mumbai. The base tariff will remain the same for certain older cards only, for some the tariff can change - its pre paid after all. I would not worry about it for the time being.

Yes, roaming only out of MH&G

Oh!!
I wont be going out of Maharashtra at the moment so I guess I can safely ignore that sms.
Still will have to observe whats in store for tomorrow the 24th!!

I wont be going out of Maharashtra at the moment so I guess I can safely ignore that sms.
Still will have to observe whats in store for tomorrow the 24th!!

Although good to note Mumbai is roaming. Maharashtra and Goa is one circle, Mumbai is a different circle, so Mumbai is roaming.

Although good to note Mumbai is roaming. Maharashtra and Goa is one circle, Mumbai is a different circle, so Mumbai is roaming.

Nope. For tata docomo, Mumbai,MH & Goa is one single circle and thats their biggest plus point unlike other operators. :rolleyes:

And good news is I'm still able to make calls on 1p/sec local and std tariff. So that sms actually hasnt affected. Touch wood.:happy:

Back