Tablet / E-book Reader. Budget 10K or less

mallik

Adept
Hi,

Requirement: Tablet / Ebook Reader

Main function: Reading PDF with lots of colored images, pictures etc (being able to mark / highlight on the PDF as well)

Other desirable functions: Wi-fi, text editor, text to speech, music / audio books, multi touch

Budget: <10 K (the lesser the better, as I have to ask the University for a grant)

I have looked at the Micromax Funbook. Can someone give me some feedback on how it performs with PDFs. On the first look, the screen resolution doesn't look very impressive.

I considered the Nook Color, with the advantage of rooting it to ICS, but would prefer if I can get something similar in India with India warranty.

Thanks

Mallik

I have read and considered it. But want to see if there are options. The screen resolution is a bit low for me, for image viewing or PDF reading.The Nook Color seems like the best bet after rooting (screen resoution is the clincher), but sourcing it from the US and warranty issues are holding me back. That's why I wanted to check with the Gurus here, about any other fish in the market.

If you can extend a bit, go for a PlayBook 16GB at ~13 k

Other options would be a Nook color or a Kindle. But PDF on a Kindle is a pain and just doesnt work.

The funbook isn't that great wen it come to resolution and image quality but for a 6.5k price it's alright
As hahahari mentioned,get the playbook @ 13K if you primarily want it for Ebook reading with lots of pictures,you won't regret it...

Back