PC Peripherals System Not Powering On

dilpreet

Disciple
Hi guys

I am facing a problem with my Desktop that it does not stay on for more than 10-15 SECONDS.
I have not used my system for over a month and today i thought lets power it up and update the anti virus an all.
I powered it up and it completes the post and powers off while booting.
I tried to boot into bios and checked if it stays there.It powers off there as well.
it was connected with UPS all the time
Once it powers off it have to remove the power cable and then remove the flee power by pressing the power button and then put the cable back and then it powers on again
I tried to power it on by removing the graphic card and memory and by removing the sata cables.Still the same.
I even tried to power it up by removing the processor power cable ans still it powers off.
Kindly suggest what component could be faulty or what should i do.
Appreciate your help.
I am using cooler master GFX 650 W.

Could be some loose connection in the cabinet. Happened to me once due to loose connection in the power on button of cabinet. Used to switch on for a few seconds and then switch off.

Try disassembling the system completely and rebuilding it from scratch to rule out any shorts.

If it still doesn't work, then looks like a PSU issue.

Try resetting the BIOS. Change mother board battery if it has drained out. The battery drains faster when the computer is not in use.

Although this looks more like a HW issue.

Well 3-4 years old.
Why????????[DOUBLEPOST=1430498616][/DOUBLEPOST]@dpandey->But i think the system should still stay on even if the cmos cell is not present.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

Wrong cmos cell adjust frequency for the ram and save the data on bios and restarts the mobo. As cmos cell is not present its not able to save the settings on biod as a result you are facing the problem

@dpandey->But i think the system should still stay on even if the cmos cell is not present.
Please correct me if i am wrong.

You are probably right.

I had also suggested you reset the BIOS. If the BIOS config files get corrupted, the behavior of the comp can become erratic. The last time my video went blank, a BIOS reset fixed it.

Best option is to do a full maintenance on your PC at such times. Take a Sunday off. Remove all dust from inside the PC. Clean it properly. Clean all components properly. Then attach all cables properly to the motherboard. See if CPU fan is attached properly to mobo header.

Try to boot the comp with the least amount of devices. First only CPU, then CPU plus ram and so on.

I tried to boot with minimum configuration and still the same.
Ill replace the Cmos cell today and will check if it makes a difference
Lets see

Back