Suggestions for a UV Water Purifier.

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
I stay in Pune and my society has corporation water supply. The water generally is transferred from the basement tank to the roof tank and then supplied to flats.
The TDS level of the tap water is 46.
The TDS level of the bottled water I am using right now is 34.
So the tap water is pretty decent in quality but I am still worried about
1)Pesticides and chemicals.
2)Impurities from pipes and overhead tank.
3)Other stuff I dont understand :D
4)Taste also. I like the taste of bottled water.

Models I have shortlisted.
Eureka Forbes:
Aquagaurd Enhance UV.
Aquagaurd Infiniti.
Aquagaurd Compact.

Unilever PureIt.
PureIt Marvella UV
Could not find any other model in Pureit UV series.

Apart from these two brands I am not very keen on experimenting.
This is my first water purifier purchase ever.
Please suggest which water purifier I should go for. Budget is upto 20K.
Prefer storage tank models but not a MUST have.
Kindly suggest which one should I buy from the above or any other brand.[DOUBLEPOST=1386313520][/DOUBLEPOST]Aquagaurd sales guy claims that AMC is not mandatory where as on net I read that its mandatory. Can anyone confirm this?
Also he said that AquaSure is a cheaper build lineup of products from Aquagaurd and usually develops problems more frequently than AquaGaurd products .. o_O

Last edited:
But why are you only looking at uv systems?
Why not ro?
I guess most of the top end ones have both ro and uv in addition to tds control.

Kent and Aquaguard are the top two brands.

AMC on Kent is not mandatory but I have taken for mine.
Don't know about Aquaguard.

^^ he is not looking at ROs because TDS levels for his water supply are not very high. all he needs is something that can kill germs (UV).

Last edited:
I got kent Uv purifier for my icu staff. It's excellent machine and fits your requirements pretty well.
It costed me 5900.
Can you please post the exact model name or some link if you have?

Yes the reason that I am not looking for RO is that the TDS level is already good and water is sweet in taste. RO will further reduce it to below consumable levels which is not good. Also it will be totally waste of money So looking for UV systems only.
Loved the Aquagaurd Enhance UV model. But only one problem.
And
This one defect kills the entire purpose of having a storage purifier. Its like purifying water and again contaminating it before consumption :D

It's kent ultra three stage system.
Activated carbon and ultraviolet and filter.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1386826647.524682.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1386826647.524682.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 161
@onlyravi so which uv water purifier did you go for?
I'm from Pune too and have similar requirements.
I went for the HUL Pureit Marvella UV Water Purifier
Bought it from Amazon for 7k.
Had an issue with my unit but then got the filter changed. It was giving out plastic smell from the tank.
The service guy cleaned the tank with some special liquids and I insisted to change the filter so he did that too .... ofcourse free of cost.

The purifier is good but it does not alter the taste a lot so if you get corporation water then go for this one ....
The tank is decent (4ltrs) for 2 of us and we make it a point to drain it off once every 48hours.
Why??
Because even if the stored water was not used it is drained away and fresh water is filled. Also it helps in flushing out the tank keeping it clean.

I liked the Enhance model (Videos posted above) a lot and I was even ready to shell out the price but the above problem alone was the factor which made me stay away from it... coz I know its impossible to stop antz from such things....

Back