Car & Bike Suggestions for a new helmet

rdst_1

Skilled
Hi fellow bikers,
I am looking to purchase a new light helmet. I use a very heavy but sturdy Studds helmet right now but I am thinking of touring and so need a lighter helmet.

Saw LS2 FF396 at my local shop and fell in love with it. Also have a choice of Harley helmets but felt they were overpriced just because of brand name.
Anyone used a helmet with an inbuilt bluetooth system. How capable are these.
Current choices are
1) LS2 FF310 Bluetooth - 10150.
2) LS2 FF396 - 10300.

Would like similar color helmets only with simple design. Should have great noise isolation. Suggestions from other brands with online availability are welcome as well.

Last edited:
LS2 are good helmets, get the fit right and you are good to go.

The bluetooth modules do work, and are especially useful when touring. You will need to hard-reset your brain to not turn you head when you receive a call though.,

Caveat - Calling and driving is still dangerous, if you get a call that requires more than 2-3 word answers, pull over to the side and chat.

Hmmm.
The FF396 is the newer model and looks much better and has the amazing pump mechanism that lets you fill the bolsters with air and fit the helmet to your exact head shape. I have experienced it and it was awesome. The fit was so good that the helmet felt part of my head. I guess I can let go of the fascination with the bluetooth model and order the 396.

Hmmm.
The FF396 is the newer model and looks much better and has the amazing pump mechanism that lets you fill the bolsters with air and fit the helmet to your exact head shape. I have experienced it and it was awesome. The fit was so good that the helmet felt part of my head. I guess I can let go of the fascination with the bluetooth model and order the 396.

you can add a bt module later - it will run you anything between 5-10k for a pair. If you just want to know if someone is calling you, get a ram mount for the bike (~3.5k)

The new MT helmets from Spartan pro gear are good VFM. DOT rated and within 4K. Else, try out a SOL.
LS2 - there are a lot of fakes in the market, so unless you know your source/dealer well, better to buy something that is above board.
Also remember that a standard DOT helmet will still be at ~1500 gms or so, so the only option for a very light helmet would be a carbon fibre one. Again, those would be costlier.

you can add a bt module later - it will run you anything between 5-10k for a pair. If you just want to know if someone is calling you, get a ram mount for the bike (~3.5k)

Seems like adding a bluetooth module later will be a costly affair. I guess I will stick to more conventional methods and buy the newer model despite it not having bluetooth ability.

If bluetooth is a priority then i would recommend something which already has it integrated from the start. Adding a module later would be costly and would not be as seamless as you like.

Back