Audio Suggest upgrade to SoundMagic ES18 at <2k

amitb

Disciple
Hi,
I urgently need an upgrade to my current IEM ES18. I am not into bass. I mostly watch movies, TV and listen to soft songs and instrumental. So please suggest me the best iem below Rs 2000. Actually I would prefer less amount add I'm in a tight budget.
Please help!

I moved from a PL11 to ES18 and believe me it wasnt much of a downgrade. So I doubt PL11 will be a better one.
Like above I also suggest E10, or if you can E10M . Heard a good deal about it

How are SoundMagic E30 and Vsonic GR02 BE? Also, I don't prefer bass, but clear vocal and wide soundstage.. Please suggest some worthy upgrades!

sound magic e30 will be perfect for you.

See if T peos popular interests you.

theheadphonelist.com/brief-impressions-t-peos-accidentally-extraordinary-meze-narmoo-astrotec-olasonic-ear-earphones/

I moved from a PL11 to ES18 and believe me it wasnt much of a downgrade. So I doubt PL11 will be a better one.
Like above I also suggest E10, or if you can E10M . Heard a good deal about it
I'm going to do the same if my pl11 goes kaput..
So what's the difference between them.. What do you feel is cut short

Under 2k , Sound Magic PL-30 / E30 would be your best option for upgrade if you love mids and soundstage . But coming from ES18 the bass will be much much lesser . Detailing wise it will be a huge upgrade. Other options you can consider is E10 or Brainwavz M1 as well . Both have pretty neutral sound with good / average soundstage.

You could also go for a used M2 Or Signature Acoustics C-12 but both are on the heavier side of bass but overall much better than other sub 2k options in terms of detailing and clarity. M2 has more congested sound compared to C-12 , both have almost similar amount of bass , C-12 is more laidback / warm sounding and suited for instrumental etc compared to M2.

Vocals and wide sound stage - E30.

M2 has more congested sound compared to C-12 , both have almost similar amount of bass , C-12 is more laidback / warm sounding and suited for instrumental etc compared to M2.

I didn't compare them side by side, but I got the feeling that C-12 has more sub-bass compared to M2?

I'm going to do the same if my pl11 goes kaput..
So what's the difference between them.. What do you feel is cut short

Well, ES 18 is a more balanced IEM, PL-11 is a bit too bassy at times.
That is the only difference I could make out. Sound stage is similar. But i sometimes miss the punchy bass of PL-11

Back