Camera Suggest me Macro and Telephoto Zoom Lens for 25-30k

-Guevara-

Disciple
Im currently looking at:

1. Canon EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
2. Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di

I know my knowledge in this isn't as high as some others here so kindly give me better suggestion if there is one. Im a bit worried about image stabilization in the tamron lens (VC in tamron) because having tripod all the times is not realistic.

I currently have Canon 550D with 18-55 kit lens. I can stretch my budget max to 30k. Also im from delhi so can anyone suggest any trustworthy place to buy ?

Well, both the lens you had choose are awesome deal

Tamron 90mm f/2.8 is surely a steal deal for a macro lens at this price..

U cant get a IS (or VC) in macro lens for this price.. Canon's IS version of this lens is above 50k I guess.

also, practically speaking - macro work without tripod isnt the easy thing to do.. U have to make it realistic to carry it everywhere..

Canon 55-250mm is another good deal for the money you are left with.

BTW, whats your main interest in photography?

@OP - Good choices. Both are fine lenses. :)

For macro photography a tripod is recommended. The IS of the Canon 100mm IS is useless at close distances (from Canon's mouth), so a tripod is generally recommended as your shutter speeds will drop as you try to improve DOF when you get close up.

Sometimes I just focus from at 1:2/1:3 magnification and crop the photo as I get more DOF at greater than macro (1:1 and greater) distances and the Tamron 90mm lens is very sharp. :)

Back