Monitors Suggest LED Monitor 5.5 to 6K EDIT: Bought Dell IN2030M

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi

I am looking for a 'no frills' LED monitor in the price range of 5.5 to 6k. Could stretch a little more.

This is urgently required for my sister. She does a lot of 'Accounts' work using Tally & the usual word/excel etc.

I will be booking it online and prefer 'immediate delivery' so Flipkart is out. Would like to place the order either from 'primeabgb' or 'snapdeal'

These are the models that I have narrowed down (although I do not have any personal experience of any of them)

Dell 20 inch IN2030M LED Monitor ~ 6307/-

Philips 20 inch 206V3LSB LED Monitors ~ 6170/-

Thanks

Terry

The switches on the Dell are crisp, good build quality, am using 1 personally.

Why so particular about on/off switch ?

I am using a Dell too U2312-HM and the on/off switch is 'rectangular' which is perfect and great.

There were / have been certain models where the switch was 'circular' and after prolonged use - these type of switches start giving problems, as a slight alignment shift would then cause problems in switching the monitor on or off.

Is LG ok or should I lock on to the Dell IN2030M ?

I don't know why you would want to use the on/off switch regularly .. just plug the monitor, attach the vga cable and just yurn on the monitor only once using the monitor's power button - that's all [ no need to use it after on a regular basis unlike some benq monitors ] and the power button of Dell is buttery smooth but still the best is samsung's touch panel ;)

Dell has 3 yrs warranty vs Philip's 1 yr, although I found philips to have better image quality.

Thanks guys... Got the Dell IN2030M - and my sister is quite happy :) ..... Ordered online from Primeabgb and delivered the same day

The Devils (Dell) do not include the DVI-D cable (just VGA cable is included)..... but problem sorted as I have a spare cable.

Last edited:
congrats ;) and FYI : most of the cheap* monitors package does not include the DVD-D cable, lol I had to bought a separate cable for a 24 inch samsung monitor.

Back