Suggest Inverter and Tubular battery

I am doing some market research for past 1 week and came to know Tubular batteries is the best and last much longer especially "Tall tubular" batteries. I enquired a battery dealer in GP road chennai and he told me Base Terminal tubular battery for 11K. Also I saw another battery called "JC battery" http://www.jcbattery.net Apparently these are made in coimbatore and they gave warranty for 48 months. It weighs hefty 66kilos. These are Tall tubular and comes around 11K for 150 Ah. Anybody has any experience on this brand? I am not sure BT can provide Tall Tubular for this price. Also enquired on Exide El series battery and it costs whooping 18.5K for 150 Ah.
For Inverter I am planning on Xenon, Crompton, Mahindra least possible microtek on 800 VA series. Please suggest me the best Sine wave inverter.

Regards,
Vijay

1 month back , i brought

sukam 850 VA sine wave inverter for 5200

and Exide Inva Tubular 150 ah battery for 14200

i brought after lot of research , so these 2 are best ( sukam is best in Inverters and Exide Inva tubular batteries are best in batteries for Inverters )

You can get the APC 850 sinewave and get a exide It500 tubular battery.

According to exide the EL and EL+ warranty is valid only if you use a UPS and not a inverter.

Looking at the price for Inva tubular is costly. I got quote for IT500 around 15.5K. I need to check Base terminal with dealer where the price he quoted was for Tall Tubular of flat tubular. I am inclined with JC battery as it is available for 12K with 4 year warranty and cost couple of grands less than exide. Even if i get base terminal battery for 11K, I need to personally go and pick up the battery and if any problem arises I need to talk to the company directly. JC rep. assured me if anything fails they will take care and standby battery will be provided within 3 days. I still looking for suitable inverter.

Regards,
Vijay

A few things to keep in mind if your inverter will be within hearing distance and you pick Sukam's Sine wave inverters.

1. They have a rather noisy fan that keep going while the batteries are charging.
2. There is a high-pitched metallic noise especially noticeable in a quiet room.

The inverter is good, but that damn fan :mad: Don't know if they have fixed this since when I bought the thing.

adder said:
You can get the APC 850 sinewave and get a exide It500 tubular battery.

According to exide the EL and EL+ warranty is valid only if you use a UPS and not a inverter.

Can you confirm this statement ? I was planning to go for EL tall tubular 150ah with an APC 850 inverter - are you saying the warranty will not be covered in this case ?

Which is the best 150ah battery for the APC 850 inverter then - I'm OK with more expensive batteries if they are of better quality.

silverbyte said:
Can you confirm this statement ? I was planning to go for EL tall tubular 150ah with an APC 850 inverter - are you saying the warranty will not be covered in this case ?

Which is the best 150ah battery for the APC 850 inverter then - I'm OK with more expensive batteries if they are of better quality.

The best battery outhere is the EL+ series followed by EL series both from exide.
As long as you don't mention to the service center that you are using a inverter you should be fine.If your dealer doesn't have any problem with you using a inverter then i see no problem.Since most end users give the batteries to the dealer for RMA or repair.

Decided to get JC tall tubular battery 150 Ah (4 year warranty) with 850va inverter. The guy recommends OM inverter as it doesnot hum like Sukam. Planning to install on sunday.

Regards,
Vijay

Battery delivered today and the inverter will come tomorrow. Inverter will be a local made one as we have server low voltage issues hence it should be capable of charging battery in low voltage
[attachment=10206:17053.attach]

[attachment=10205:17052.attach]

There is some mistake in the battery as they have mentioned charging rate as C10 instead of C20. The battery is so heavy cant even pull with one hand.

Regards,
Vijay

Attachments

• Photo0435.jpg
    Photo0435.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 561
  • Photo0433.jpg
    Photo0433.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 676
I didnt go for branded one as we have very low voltage in our area and the generic company inverter system wont charge the batteries and it will switch to inverter mode. Inverter got installed and tested with 3 fans, 5 tubelight, 1 cfl, 32" lcd tv + set top box and PC (AMD 550BE unlocked proccy + benq G2220HD). It shows over load then I turned off one tubelight and everything went alright. Charging current kept at 8A for the battery and the installer mentioned it can charge the battery even at 120V as he put additional transformer for this.

Regards,
Vijay

vip said:
congrats :)

which is the best 800VA sine-wave ups?

Hi VIP,

I have been using Microtek SWE2 875VA sine wave ups for the past one year with Exide Invatubular IT500 Battery & it is giving good service till date.

I must say I am mighty impressed with this brand atleast for me. Its still running strong for the past 4+ years without trouble. I have replaced the inverter though as it was not charging the battery. Replaced with Microtek E2 1025va inverter, the battery has passed acid test of torrential chennai rain and it gave me decent uptime for 3 nights for using only in the night. I would say reason for this long backup time is due to the C10 rating of the battery. My next battery will be definitely C10 or C5 (Traction battery)

I would suggest you to buy Okaya Big red Tubular Sl600T. I have been using Okaya batteries from last 11 years without any issues. Recently I replaced my 5 year old SL600T with the same new one. Older one was still giving a backup of 1 hours with one Tubelight. First Okaya battery had lasted for about 6 years. For inverter I would Microtek.

I would suggest you to buy Okaya Big red Tubular Sl600T. I have been using Okaya batteries from last 11 years without any issues. Recently I replaced my 5 year old SL600T with the same new one. Older one was still giving a backup of 1 hours with one Tubelight. First Okaya battery had lasted for about 6 years. For inverter I would Microtek.

5 year for a tall tubular battery is nothing. It can easily work beyond 8 years if maintained properly. 1 hr tubelight run time is equal to a dead battery. For inverter microtek is better. Heard lots of complaints for APC inverter. Any ISO standard battery with C10 rating is much much better

5 year for a tall tubular battery is nothing. It can easily work beyond 8 years if maintained properly. 1 hr tubelight run time is equal to a dead battery. For inverter microtek is better. Heard lots of complaints for APC inverter. Any ISO standard battery with C10 rating is much much better
It all depends upon the usage.
For inverter APC is often blamed for faults and extremely costly repairs. Being an american brand the voltage differences may also be an issue. I had an APC UPS which I had to throw in MC dustbin due to costly repairs. I am using Microtek UPS from last 14-15 years and Inverter from last 11 years.

Since I moved to my new flat in May, we get the power through DG sets only due to NGT issue. So intermittently there is a cooling period of few hours. So in a day We have a healthy 7hrs power cut. If there is diesel shortage it can easily extend upto 1 day. The battery is handling the scenario pretty well as of now.

Back