Sony Xperia Z and Xperia ZL Now Official, Will Arrive Globally in Q1

The Knight

Knight is coming
Adept
http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com...Now-Official-Will-Arrive-Globally-in-Q1-2.jpg

Sony Mobile made official the long-
expected Xperia Z smartphone at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. This is the first handset in the company’s offering to arrive on shelves with a 5” Full HD 1080p Reality Display, while also packing a Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor inside. Previously spotted online under the codename of Yuga, the phone features all the hardware specs that it has been previously rumored to include. It will land on shelves with a 13-megapixel photo snapper on the back, as well as with support for 4G LTE networks, and should become available for purchase in various markets
around the world before the end of this quarter. Sony's new flagship smartphone sports 2GB of RAM inside, a 1080p screen powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, world's first image sensor with HDR (High Dynamic Range) video for smartphones, along with a Battery STAMINA Mode to extend the battery standby time. The handset also features NFC connectivity inside, a unique OmniBalance design, is only 7.9mm thick, and sports tempered glass and anti- shatter film on the front and back, while also being both dust and water resistant (IP55 and IP57). “With Xperia Z, we are bringing over half a century of innovation in TV, imaging, music, film and gaming to create a superphone experience that truly stands out,” said Kuni Suzuki, President and CEO, at Sony Mobile Communications. “With great specifications, Sony’s media applications, One-
touch functions and outstanding battery life, Xperia Z is well positioned for leadership in the smartphone market. By putting smartphones at the heart of our strategy, Sony is enabling people to create, enjoy and share content and experiences like never before.” The
smartphone was also loaded with a variety of applications from the company, such as the “WALKMAN”, Album and Movies apps, meant to provide users with great entertainment capabilities on the go. It will also sport Small Apps, which are applications designed to run on top of other software . The handset runs under Google’s Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system , but it will be upgraded to Android 4.2 soon after launch. Sony also announced that a design variant of Xperia Z will arrive on shelves in the first quarter of the year as Xperia ZL
(Canada will receive it), delivering the same entertainment experience “but in a smaller form factor.” Xperia ZL is not waterproof either. Sony Xperia Z is set to become available for purchase in black, purple, and white color flavors, while the Xperia ZL will be released in black, white, and red.

source

it comes too much loaded and the pricing may make it unaffordable

Did not get what you meant by too much loaded and it is a flagship phone, if it did not have the feature set that it is flaunting SONY would have been in hot-water for charging a premium and not delivering.

Did not get what you meant by too much loaded and it is a flagship phone, if it did not have the feature set that it is flaunting SONY would have been in hot-water for charging a premium and not delivering.

I am trying to say right pricing and right set of features makes a product sales good...

Going by the specification, I am still not sure if that 2330mAh would suffice to hold it for more than a day on a single charge.
You never know how it will perform in real world but a 2500mAh battery would have been ideal IMO.
Nonetheless seems a true flagship from Sony at last :)

I would be highly surprised if it costs anything less than 40k in India considering that even the Ion sells for almost 30k.

Xperia Z launching in March in India, street price would be 36k. Retailer price is 34500.

Xperia ZL will launch in April, at about 34k street price. Retailer price around 32k

^i heard Tegra 4 has quite a few design wins and that we should be able too see them by mid june. Either way benchmarks would be out in feb end with MWC coming up. i really really like the design of the sony xperia z and coincidentally my birthday is in march also :p . what draws me most though is that sony has improved on their open source-ness and hence i will expect quite a few roms from the dev community :)

Back