Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

I don't understand. Is there anything wrong with most of the RAM getting used, the case with my N900 was different. The more used, the better.

It is and it isn't. Over a year ago, there were several posts doing the rounds where it was mentioned that in Android, free RAM is wasted RAM. I believe, Android Central had a very popular article on this. Having used 5 iterations of Android, my (unverified) opinion is that this was true only up to Gingerbread. Since ICS, Google has somehow changed its RAM management on Android. While I can't prove this, I would be daft to not admit that my 3 android devices get considerably faster once I free up some RAM.

Having said that, I have also noticed that lagginess occurs only after the free RAM has fallen below a certain threshold. For instance, on my S2, I find no difference in performance whether I have 450MB or 250MB free RAM. However, below 250MB, I can definitely notice the dip in performance. I do not use task killers simply because they are battery killers as the apps and their processes/services simply restart, thereby causing additional CPU cycles and a strain on the battery. Rogue apps should be detected and uninstalled/frozen rather than frequently killed using task killers.

It is and it isn't. Over a year ago, there were several posts doing the rounds where it was mentioned that in Android, free RAM is wasted RAM. I believe, Android Central had a very popular article on this. Having used 5 iterations of Android, my (unverified) opinion is that this was true only up to Gingerbread. Since ICS, Google has somehow changed its RAM management on Android. While I can't prove this, I would be daft to not admit that my 3 android devices get considerably faster once I free up some RAM.

Having said that, I have also noticed that lagginess occurs only after the free RAM has fallen below a certain threshold. For instance, on my S2, I find no difference in performance whether I have 450MB or 250MB free RAM. However, below 250MB, I can definitely notice the dip in performance. I do not use task killers simply because they are battery killers as the apps and their processes/services simply restart, thereby causing additional CPU cycles and a strain on the battery. Rogue apps should be detected and uninstalled/frozen rather than frequently killed using task killers.
I don't experience any lag even though I have just 200 MB of RAM free.
its a video player name(bs player free)..it has pop up video mode like galaxy s3..was trying it so found this issue..

I use dice player and it is the best.

Sorry to be bringing bad news but there is some major change going on at Sony Mobile with regards to software updates, so all updates have been delayed till Q1 2013 now. No Sony device will get JB this year.

Really strange decision I must say considering the fact that JB is ready for most Xperia phones.

So the phone needs to be rooted for most important features of any anti-theft app to work. So i want to how to both root & unroot my xperia u(in case a visit to the service center is needed).

Download Flashtool from here

www.mediafire.com/?wrig0y1309o7sef

113mb

Then connect your phone to PC via USB. Then open Flashtool x64 (if you have x64 system) or Flashtool (for x86). Click on Tools - Root - Force ADB Restore hack. Your phone will be rooted.

To unroot click on Tools - Root - Unroot Device.

This works for ICS, not sure about GB

Hey I got some error while rooting my Xperia U using Flashtool
Flashtool.jpg

Please help me out...

Do I need my bootloader to be unlocked for this method?

Edit : It seems the image is unclear
The error message says :
28/029/2012 15:29:55 - ERROR - Cleaning rootit files
Mounting /system R/W
FTError

Yay...rooted my XU. Actually I was using some old version of flashtool, downloaded and installled the one provided above and it worked!
Thanks randomuser! :bigok:

FXP 145 released for Xperua U/Go/Sola and Ion/S/Acro S/T

CM9.1

- latest cm 9.1
- fixed lights (U,Go,Sola)
- recovery indicator(Sola)
- NFC (P,Sola)
- Improved NFC (Ion,S,Acro S)
- Camera (U,Go,Sola)
- Torch (U,Go,Sola)

CM10.0 - M2
- latest cm 10.0
- Headset detection (T)
- NFC (T)
- Improved NFC (Ion,S,Acro S, T)
- Fixed random crash with wifi enabled (S, Acro S, ION)
- Camera (S, Acro S, Ion)

freexperia - FreeXperia - Google Project Hosting

guys help me ,

my any kind of tethering doesn't provides me internet access to my computer (tethering gets connected)
while on mobile the inernet works fine ..
the apn settings dont have any proxy that will be required on computer .

while my old n70 can provide dial up connection and i can use internet on computer
my xperia sola ics is not providing me internet access ..

after connection i try to ping any ip and it says
192.168.xx.xx : destinantion net unreachable ..

HELP ME !!

Back