Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

Well that's upto you whether you want to believe or not, but what makes people think the U/Sola are NOT getting JB ? Sony never said so. And in the comments too they said more info on the update for Sola/U will posted soon.

I think it is more profitable for us to believe you, anyways. lol.

One thing I noticed about the screen of XU is that a grid is visible especially in light colored backgrounds. What is it ??

^ I am currently using that. I mean merriam webster. Its actually amazing but I was looking for the best. Anyway, guys one more thing, I am not sure if you might be knowing about such an app or not but I hate it in my previous phone, N900. I had an offline wikipedia, it had dumps of like 10 GB and like almost the whole wikipedia database without photos, is something like this available for android as well, any one using something like that?

^ I am currently using that. I mean merriam webster. Its actually amazing but I was looking for the best. Anyway, guys one more thing, I am not sure if you might be knowing about such an app or not but I hate it in my previous phone, N900. I had an offline wikipedia, it had dumps of like 10 GB and like almost the whole wikipedia database without photos, is something like this available for android as well, any one using something like that?

I'm not sure why you would want to create a dump of Wikipedia? It is very easy to access Wikipedia on the most basic mobile browsers and it would actually be counter intuitive to store a website whee the information might change over time.

Huh ? What are you ? A Sony hater ?

First go and read that article properly before making such a post. Nobody said only S and P are getting updates. FYI the delay is only for the T/TX/V. 4.1 Final version is ready for U/P/Go/Sola already and for the S it's been ready since the beginning of the month.

And what have the other manufacturers done that people should stay away from Sony ? HTC ? Announced but no firm date on release yet and that too for phones more expensive than 90% of Sony's devices. Samsung announced a long list of phones to be updated, but any firm date ? Even Q1 2013 ? Nope. Only GS3 received it and Note/GS2 will get it next month. Others will get it probably in Q2 next year.

LG has announced that none of its 2012 models will get JB except some Korean/us exclusive models. Even the quad core Optimus 4X HD isn't getting Jellybean.

So tell me smart guy, what manufacturer should we switch to :unsure:

I guess if any one is so eager about getting S/W updates..then he should take the NEXUS series phone...Dont rely on Manufacturer for the updates.
And currently Just Nexus S(i9020) and Galaxy Nexus(i9250) are supported by google...and coincidentally both manufactured by Samsung :p...however this can change in future as nexus 4 is manufactured by LG

^^ Good on you Sola / P / S guys, you are rolling in a selection of ROM's.

go and U are forgotten it seems.
I would say U has got equal amount of ROMs as Sola.
I haven't flashed any of them so cannot comment on the "quality" of the ROMs.

Edit : Noob Question - Is it necessary to unlock the bootloader to root?

Edit : Noob Question - Is it necessary to unlock the bootloader to root?

No, not necessary.

I guess if any one is so eager about getting S/W updates..then he should take the NEXUS series phone...Dont rely on Manufacturer for the updates.
And currently Just Nexus S(i9020) and Galaxy Nexus(i9250) are supported by google...and coincidentally both manufactured by Samsung :p...however this can change in future as nexus 4 is manufactured by LG

I prefer warranty cover over wanton freedom that might end me with a plastic brick worth ~20000/-.

Most chances from the next year on every partner-company will release its own Nexus device.

Okay guys I am facing a wierd issue. When somebody calls me and I pick up my phone, for the first 2 to 3 seconds no matter what there is nothing that I can hear but my voice is getting to the other end. After the 2-3 seconds, I am able to hear the voice of the other person. Anyone else facing this issue?

Back