Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO Thread

comp@ddict

Skilled
It is about time these phones received an official thread. The Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO now have an official XDA forum with MIUI/CM9/CM10/AOKP (probably AOKP too) ports in the making. NovaThor U8500 chipset has finally been cracked open to development.

Thread for all owners of the aforementioned smartphones (Sony's 2012 Xperia Lineup, dual-core).

Link to XDA FORUMS:

Sony Xperia S/P/U/Sola/GO - XDA FORUMS

Why no posts here? Where are the Sony Xperia 2012 owners ? I know there are quite a few people on this forum who own the P/S/Sola/ but strange that nobody even bothered replying :(

Ok guys ordered Xperia U @ HS18 for Rs. 13555. Purchasing from them for the first time, hope so everything goes well :)
Eager to join the club :eek:hyeah:

Wifey has a Sony Xperia S in white. Its a really nice phone especially for what its selling at. Once the AOSP firmware arrives, will flash to that from ICS 4.0.4 that it runs on now.

Got my Xperia U today, any suggestions on Protective cover?

Edit : Ok I figured out the box already comes with Screen guard.

^
Err.... It's September already :p

It's gonna rollout around the same time for both the U and Sola. So don't worry too much. It should out within two weeks. And Jellybean will come around December.

Wifey has a Sony Xperia S in white. Its a really nice phone especially for what its selling at. Once the AOSP firmware arrives, will flash to that from ICS 4.0.4 that it runs on now.

I envy all the XS owners now eveer since AOSP community added it to the device list :| Wish I had bought the XS, could have bought it for 20k.

Anyway for Sola - until and unless ICS gets released there won't be much of a development, ICS has been certified for Sola so it should come in a week or 2.

Welcome to PTCRB

^
Err.... It's September already :p

It's gonna rollout around the same time for both the U and Sola. So don't worry too much. It should out within two weeks. And Jellybean will come around December.

Oops lol. Yes it's september. Sola and U should get it this week or next. Can't wait man!

I envy all the XS owners now eveer since AOSP community added it to the device list :| Wish I had bought the XS, could have bought it for 20k.

Anyway for Sola - until and unless ICS gets released there won't be much of a development, ICS has been certified for Sola so it should come in a week or 2.

Welcome to PTCRB

20k is a good deal. Why didn't you take it? Yes the ICS ROM has to be released. I guess Devs will use it to make their own ICS/JB ROMs. Hope we directly go to JB ROMs. No point for Devs to make any ICS ROMs anymore.

comp@ddict : You on stock everything?
Any firmware updates for Sola?

I'm on stock everything. No root nothing. Haven't got any updates the last time I checked.

Xperia S vs LG Optimus 4X HD Quad Core ;)

Note:- I took figures for the LG Optimus 4X HD from Anandtech

1. GL Benchmark 2.5 Egypt HD (Offscreen 1080p)

LG Optimus 4X HD - 8.7 fps
Sony Xperia S - 8.4 fps

2. GL Benchmark Classic (Offscreen 1080p)

LG Optimus 4X HD - 34 fps
Sony Xperia S - 21 fps

3. Linpack Single Threaded

LG Optimus 4X HD -48.665
Sony Xperia S - 52.892

4. Linpack Multi Threaded

LG Optimus 4X HD - 115.222
Sony Xperia S - 89.786

5. Sunspider Javascript 0.9.1

LG Optimus 4X HD - 2209.2
Sony Xperia S - 1548.9

6. Basemark ES 2.0 V1 Taiji

LG Optimus 4X HD - 30.89 fps
Sony Xperia S - 21.37 fps

7. Vellamo

LG Optimus 4X HD - 1539
Sony Xperia S - 1774

8. BrowserMark

LG Optimus 4X HD - 91918
Sony Xperia S - 108726

The above benchmarks are what anandtech uses in its smartphone reviews and I have not selectively chosen benchmarks to benefit the XS. Two more benchmarks are used by Anandtech - Basemark ES Hoverjet and Basemark OS but I haven't included these two as these two benchmarks are not available to the public.

So as you can see, 4 cores doesn't always mean better than 2. The Xperia S won in 4 out the 8 benchmarks here and Optimus 4X won in 4 as well.

Anyway, hope it clears some confusion that some people have about the Xperia S and those who think that it lacks power :D

Back