Sony P / U / Sola / GO & Samsung S Advance have Singlecore Mali-400 GPU not Quadcore.

sanjiv

Disciple
This is just a info thread that Sony P / U / Sola / GO and Samsung S Advance have Singlecore Mali-400 not Quadcore like the one on S2 and S3.

People are very confused on this and i was also quite confused when i settled on the Xperia Sola thinking its GPU is the same as the S3 but its not. The S3 has the quad core varient of the Mali 400 and the Sony P / U / Sola / GO and Samsung S Advance have Singlecore. I saw bad FPS in reviews for the Sony U and was thinking it was due to bad compatibility with gaming benchmarks.

NovaThor U8500 is the chip all these are based on pretty sad for a phone with almost everything and at 22K my Sony Xperia P was not very cheap but still its better than say a XOLO, or is it??

Lava Xolo is a great phone. But Xperia P isn't VFM considering the chipset isn't that strong.

The Novathor U8500 chipset is not bad. The processor is a dual-core A9, very strong. The GPU is a single-core Mali400. Put it slightly above the Adreno 205 GPU found in the HTC One V. Still, great.

Oh add to the list, the Galaxy Ace 2. It too has the Novathor chipset.

But my friend owns it, and he's able to run games fine.

Lava Xolo is a great phone. But Xperia P isn't VFM considering the chipset isn't that strong.

The Novathor U8500 chipset is not bad. The processor is a dual-core A9, very strong. The GPU is a single-core Mali400. Put it slightly above the Adreno 205 GPU found in the HTC One V. Still, great.

Oh add to the list, the Galaxy Ace 2. It too has the Novathor chipset.

But my friend owns it, and he's able to run games fine.

Xolo is a good reference but its after sales service is very bad. They dont know when ICS willl come, they dont know why some builds of applications are not installing via the market, no idea why the phone restarts after hanging in some games. I advised my brother to buy it happy that he does not use the phone to its full extend otherwise he would have killed me.

Its a bit sad that a new mobile is similar in GPU power as compared to SE Xperia mini.

5k more and you get an Xperia S with better camera, better soc, better screen, ICS - why buy a P then!

I wanted to get the Sola went with the P because it has higher resolution and a bigger screen. The Sola was around 19K and the P was around 22K so all in all it was 3K more.

All phone with novathor dual core cpu suck very big time.their perfornance is some time same to single core procrssor.buy htc sensation.

Its a bit sad that a new mobile is similar in GPU power as compared to SE Xperia mini.

Actually, given the screen resolution, this GPU churns out better frame rate than the PowerVR SGX540 in the Samsung GALAXY NEXUS (because it has a much higher HD resolution display).

So it's not all that bad after all.

All phone with novathor dual core cpu suck very big time.their perfornance is some time same to single core procrssor.buy htc sensation.

Sure. Read before talking. See the HTC Sensation XE here closely, getting pawned.
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_sola-review-766p3.php

Back