PC Peripherals Sony Optiarc AD-7240S not writing dvds

satyanjoy

Skilled
I have this Sony Optiarc (AD-7240S 24x DVD±RW/RAM) dvd burner which is not even 1 year old,its reading disc perfectly but not to burn dvds perfectly..I am using nero lite,burnaware,ashampoo and poweriso with verbatim+r and moserbaer media.In last two days i lost 9 dvds and completed 2 dvds (all are data dvds and backing up video files)..I tried to stimulate the write process with nero diskspeed,which shows after 85%,write process halted..any help

This is supposed to be one of the best drives out there. Even i am having this problem on a friends laptop while using ImgBurn. It takes it time to write but in the end i get nothing. Bty where did u buy it?

apextwin146 said:
This is supposed to be one of the best drives out there. Even i am having this problem on a friends laptop while using ImgBurn. It takes it time to write but in the end i get nothing. Bty where did u buy it?
yeah..as per review its the best..thats why i got this one..I bought it from mercy electronics,thiruvanmyur,chennai, i am not sure whether i have the bill or not,As per sony optiarc site, they offer 2 yrs warranty..I completed the write process but it failed to complete the Data Varification stage.Even when i check manually, I found data inside, only few of the data are missing - which i also found using Nero diskspeed utility,I was basically burning some video files and everytime ,,it missed one-two files to write,mostly in the end or starting of the list

Back