Sony laptop adapter and Asus router adapter buying tips required

Tron05

Adept
Hi,

I had 3 equipments connected to a power outlet

1. Sony vaio

2. UTStarcom ADSL wifi router

3. Asus N16 router

There must have been some high voltages and conked off adapters for the vaio and Asus router. I need to buy these today.

1. Sony vaio VPCCW26FX

Needs a 19.5v 4.7A Adapter. Original from sony site costs about 5,000. Are there any alternatives. I have googled and could find adapters ranging from 499 - 3000. Now that makes me really nervous about the quality. are Sony adapters really worth their price or can a replacement adapter be equally food?

I would like to know if any of you are using such replacement adapter and is it OK to buy one. Any brands or links to good adapters would help.

2. Asus N16 - I found this really strange.

The router states a input power specs of 12V and 1.25A, but they have provided a adapter that is 12V and 500mA in the original packaging. This adapter was highly overloaded.. Can anyone with a Asus router verify your Asus router input power specs and adapter output details and post here?

Thanks in advance!

my rt n16 seems to be burnt out - the led's flash when i plug in the router, but then the router doesnt power up.

pretty sure you need to be precise with the adapter for the n16

<

#[member='Tron05']

Go for this- CM universal adapter. It will work fine and there's a 95W alternative also available.

That is a TOP post. Cooler master is certainly one of my preferred brand. And you just ended my search. Cooler master NA 90 is a perfect fit for my laptop. Best part is i can use this with my Dell laptop too. has many pins to support most laptops.

Thanks!!

That is a TOP post. Cooler master is certainly one of my preferred brand. And you just ended my search. Cooler master NA 90 is a perfect fit for my laptop. Best part is i can use this with my Dell laptop too. has many pins to support most laptops.

Thanks!!

My pleasure mate!

#[member='JuGGa']

have you used the CM adapter?

i have an old INSPIRON 5100 from Dell. This is like 10 years old, but it doesnt work coz it has the old rectangular charging pin - any ideas if the CM can cover it?

the photo doesnt show the tips !!

13zx2v.jpg

#[member='JuGGa']

have you used the CM adapter?

i have an old INSPIRON 5100 from Dell. This is like 10 years old, but it doesnt work coz it has the old rectangular charging pin - any ideas if the CM can cover it?

the photo doesnt show the tips !!

#[member='babhishek']

You can see here if the CM charger supports your model your or not. It doesn't seem to. Buy this.

And I haven't used the adapter, rather a online friend of mine uses it.

Back