iOS SOLVED: iphone 6 plus cracked screen and no replacement in india

saurabh88

Disciple
my friend gave me this beauty in feb 2015 from usa.
but yesterday my phone just dropped from my bed and its screen just shattered in left upper corner leaving big crack in middle of the screen.
i contacted apple support and they told me that your phone is under warranty but such damage they not covering.
i aid ok whats the solution?
28k for replacement.
i said ok i called to ahmedabad service centre and they said we do not take phone from outside of india.
now what should i do?
i am not concerned for future warranty.
my main concern is if 3rd party service quality.
one guy from ahmedabad said FIRST COPY OF SCREEN COST 14 K AND ORIGINAL WllL COST 25K.
what should i do now?

but yesterday my phone just dropped from my bed and its screen just shattered in left upper corner leaving big crack in middle of the screen.
i contacted apple support and they told me that your phone is under warranty but such damage they not covering.
28k for replacement.
i said ok i called to ahmedabad service centre and they said we do not take phone from outside of india.
now what should i do?
one guy from ahmedabad said FIRST COPY OF SCREEN COST 14 K AND ORIGINAL WllL COST 25K.
what should i do now?
For 25k you can get better android mobiles. IPhone are no longer considered to be the pinnacle that they used to be in the past.

My advice, sell that iPhone, and buy an android. That's your best bet. Until or unless you want to keep on giving all your money to apple.

Ouch! That's apple for you. Sell off your phone at Janpath Market on Ashram Road and buy a good Android phone for a whole lot less.

how much i can get for that piece?
64gb verison white gold.
and for that money which shuld be my next pone?
had note 3 last feb

28k for replacement.
now what should i do?
what should i do now?
How much u want for the Phone
Planning to sell ?

Get it replaced with an after market screen. I bought the screen for 5700 and changed it myself. It doesn't sit as flush as the original screen did but there is not light leakage etc. Local repair guy was asking for just Rs. 300 to put in the screen I had bought so total cost should be 6-6.2k for you.

Get it replaced with an after market screen. I bought the screen for 5700 and changed it myself. It doesn't sit as flush as the original screen did but there is not light leakage etc. Local repair guy was asking for just Rs. 300 to put in the screen I had bought so total cost should be 6-6.2k for you.
can you give me the link to buy and how about the performance and what about touch id?

can you give me the link to buy and how about the performance and what about touch id?
I bought it locally in Delhi. I am sure there will be such sellers where you live as well. If not then I can ship one to you. Touch ID plate will be transferred from the original screen along with the home button to the replacement screen. The screen's performance is as good as an original one for my friend.
Frankly it is a shame that Apple are doing such a thing in India when you can get an original replacement from Apple for $89 in US.

Saurabh. You can get it replaced. I did it for one of my friends ip6 5 months back. Cost was 11k at that time. Touch id and everything works. Pm me for contact details.
Bdw. Ahmedabad apple service guys are worst in terms of service. [emoji34]

Last edited:
Frankly it is a shame that Apple are doing such a thing in India when you can get an original replacement from Apple for $89 in US.

India is a market that begs to be milked and so they do and as does every other company that cares to exploit. Nobody is to blame for this state but ourselves.

Back