Smartphone alternative to Android and iPhone

rdst_1

Skilled
Hi guys,

I have used a galaxy S2, a Note and an iPhone 4s.

After using all of them i have come to a conclusion that these battery guzzlers are not needed for my usually mundane tasks that i perform on my phone.

Plus i need a phone that can do 2-3 days without a charge with push notifications on for my mail and the forums that i browse.

After using the above phones, i have decided to buy a normal phone and a tablet for my media consumption and browsing purposes at home(at least it will last me a day with my kinda usage and i can charge it at night).

I will be getting a Veer and a Pre3 deliverd to me this week and was wondering if people who have used them enlighten me about their battery life with data on.

Also i am getting a good deal on a used N8, which i so dearly want because after using the 4s camera, i will be facing trouble going back to any mediocre camera-phone.

So basically, here is what i need -

1)Touch screen though am open to other phones as well. Frankly speaking, after using the 4s, every touch experience is going to be a let down.

2)Good battery life with notifications on. Good camera, if possible.

3)Ecosystem should have an app like Tapatalk and a good browser experience.

4)Most important : The contact management system should be easily portable to other phones.

Please advice.

I am using HP Pre3 and Blackberry Bold 9780.

With DATA(3G) ON Pre3. You can expect 16 Hours Max after full charge. On 2G max 38 Hours. so battery life is poor. Forget veer battery life on veer is even miserable.

whereas on Blackberry I am getting full 2 days with heavy usage. read BBM,8 Mails accounts(300+ Mails) , 9 BBM Groups,1 Hour Voice Calls,40-50 SMS. 1550 mAh Battery is damn good. It is the Best Blackberry ever made by RIM.

I would say go for Blackberry 9780. I know it is outdated but Bold4 or 9790 is not doing any good in terms of battery life.

9780 has decent 5 MP auto focus camera. Tapatalk for BB is available. Browsing is 50-50. and after coming from 4" screen you will curse the BB Browser.
<

Contacts can be easily transfer from BB to other device via outlook as well as any google or yahoo Sync.

OP, not sure where you are located, but the Motorola droid razr maxx (Verizon, usa) has a 3300 mah battery which is good enough for 2 days easily. If you aren't in the US and can wait for a bit, I am sure Motorola will launch the same model for GSM soon.

I know the micromax x1i runs 2 weeks on a full charge
<
There is also a phone which runs on AA batteries.

Or just get a 3500 mAh for the S2. That would easily bump your battery life to beyond double of what you get now.

Also consider moving to a custom ROM. There are some fascinating kernels out there

Back