Graphic Cards SLI without bridge

Chaos

Skilled
OCW is reporting that the latest Forceware 77.72 drivers allow you to join two 6xxx series graphics cards together in SLI mode without the bridge connector.

Great news for dfi nf4 ultra owners :cool2:

We went ahead and tested our 6600GT with and without bridge on a NF4 SLI mainboard. Previously my system was running 71.89. I removed the bridge and 71.89 was able to allow SLI without bridge to work (preliminary)? Anyway, I installed the 77.72 and rebooted.

On startup, it detected an SLI capable system and asked if I want to enable SLI. Yes of course. A pop up window says that Performance will be better if a bridge is installed. Another reboot confirms SLI is setup and I am back to WinXP, ready to run some benchmarks to test the performances of SLI capable 6600GT with and without bridge connected.

Source: http://www.ocworkbench.com/2005/nvidia/Forceware 77.72/p1.htm

actually all new mobos are implementing SLI without bridges ....u can enable and disable them from bios tho ...... A8N SLI premium is one of those boards ....

rahul3111 said:
actually all new mobos are implementing SLI without bridges ....u can enable and disable them from bios tho ...... A8N SLI premium is one of those boards ....
Thats SLI without the SLI selector card not without a bridge :p.

Chaos said:
Thats SLI without the SLI selector card not without a bridge
:oops:.

i will read the post carefully before replyingi will read the post carefully before replying

i will read the post carefully before replyingi will read the post carefully before replying

i will read the post carefully before replying..........................................:ashamed:

Guys is this the mobo card we are talkijng about or the Bridge by which we connect both the cards... I am confused...

Ati is having the bridge outside the case...... i mean they are using the DVI connectores for connecting two cards....

But before they unveiled CrossFire, they were bragging a lot that they would not need an external connector like SLI and all that....but when they finally unveil it, they had to eat their own words....

Nope, they didnt. It was people like us on forums, and other press that was speculating that ATI wont need any connector.
Actiually its better to have external connector. Two cards need to communicate. The loss in performance without card is probably due to the fact that its now redirected through local bus. Lets wait and see. I dont know why would anyone have problem with the bridge? its not that its big huge piece of hardware.
But ya this may be god news for NF4 Ultra mobo users with 2 PCI express X16 slots provided that mobo makers do not disable it in bios.

Back