User Guides Setup Google Apps for FREE for your Blog/Domain/Website

Setup Google Apps for FREE for your Blog/Domain/Website

Source

Google Apps is one of the best and widely used service from Google for Businesses. The service allows you to use custom domain names with various services of Google like Google Mail, Google Talk, Google Docs etc.

2ldqis.jpg

Lets say you have a domain abc.com, and want your E-mail address as your.e-mail_address@abc.com, than this can be done with Google Apps.

There are 2 editions of Google Apps, one is Premier Edition and Another is Standard Edition. For opting Premier Edition, user will have to pay some specific amount to Google per account on a yearly basis. While Standard Edition is completely free for Users.

Premier Edition have some Enhanced Features + Products and is must opt for Businesses, while Standard Edition has regular features like that of Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar etc.

In this Post we will learn How to Configure and Setup Google Apps for Free for your Domain/Website/Blog:

Before going into setup details, make sure that YOU:

* own your own Domain and Hosting Control Panel. This means you must have full Administrative Control over your Domain and Hosting Control Panel.

* must have a Permanent E-mail Address, which you are required to provide during Apps Sign-up.

Now go to the following Link in order to Configure and Setup Google Apps for Free:

1. As soon as you land on the above Page. Select Administrator: I own or control this domain, and Enter your Full Domain Name (without www or http://) and Click Get Started:

auxrx1.png

2. Now fill up all the Details ACCURATELY in the Next 2 Web Forms. As soon as you finish you will get an Administrative Account. An example of Google Apps Administrative Account is shown below (Click to Enlarge):

3. Now you have to verify the Ownership of your Domain. A verification link will be present at the Top of your Administrative Account. The best Way to verify is to Upload a HTML File naming googlehostedservice.html to the Root Directory of your Domain:

For this you can use the File Manager of your Control Panel. Google Apps will give you appropriate Verification Code, which is to be inserted in googlehostedservice.html

Click Verify as soon as you are done with the Upload of HTML File. Google will verify in few minutes.

4. Now you have to Change the MX Records (Mail Exchange Records) in your DNS Settings. Get full information regarding How to change MX Records right below (Just enter your Domain Name,you registered above with Google Apps in the Blue Part Below):

https://www.google.com/a/cpanel/<enter Domain Name Here with .com, .net etc.>/SetupMXInstructions

Now go to Your Hosting cPanel (Control Panel) and check for MX Entry, which can be found under Mail Category:

258mrfk.png

In MX Entry set the priorities and MX Server Addresses. To set up email with Google Apps for Your Domain, you need to configure the MX records with your domain host using Google’s server information. Following is an example screenshot of MX Server Addresses of Google:

2iqo00x.png

You can check your MX Lookup here

As soon as all the above steps are done your account will be ready.

Feel free to browse the comprehensive Google Apps Help Guide here or you can ask questions regarding Setting up Google Apps Standard Edition by posting reply below

Enjoy Google Apps with your own Domain! :hap2:

Source

arey i always wanted to do this.. always went to the google.com/a thing but couldn't find the neatly tucked in "standard edition" link over there... today finally found it,,,

will try it later ...

An important dns Entry.
The SPF Text record. Add a text record for your website.com

Code:
v=spf1 a mx mx:alt1.aspmx.l.google.com mx:alt2.aspmx.l.google.com mx:aspmx.l.google.com mx:aspmx2.googlemail.com mx:aspmx3.googlemail.com mx:aspmx4.googlemail.com mx:aspmx5.googlemail.com ?all
This SPF works for all using google apps.
This SPF has 'a' mentioned, which means your domain IP can send mails.
Then mx: starts off specifying all those mentioned send valid mails.

?all means neutral to mails sent from hosts not mentioned above. Means messages not sent from above hosts should still be accepted. But neutral, might get rejected.

MSN/Live mail will definitely reject your mails without valid SPF text record. Means your mails will never, reach, they won't even be in SPAM folder. Completely rejected.

AFAIK, GMAIL excepts, don't know about yahoo.

mrintech said:
But anyone Used the Above and Got Google Apps for His/Her Domain Name???? :huh:

Yes, I m using it for my domain, and it rocks. But I have some doubt. If ever I get server downtime, then also will I be able to send/receive mails? FYI, I got 3 days downtime:mad: and I was not able to send/receive mails.

@a_k_s_h_a_y, didn't understood what u wanted to say.

hiii ! saqib_khan

If you are using Google apps you can send and receive mails even if your server goes down IF AND ONLY IF you DNS Records are hosted on some other server.

If your DNS is put on the same server that went dead, then you will not receive mails. But you can send mails, And everybody will reject them. Since even basic DNS MX records are not found to check if its valid mail.

If you using shared hosting, then ask your web host how has he configured the DNS. If he is hosting dns on same server or is dns hosted on some other server which is alive always.

And SPF records dude, you should add a text record just the way you added MX records. Its very important, google search spf records also in wikipedia about its importance.

Back