PC Peripherals Seasonic M12D 850W - replacement unit busted! :@

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
So much for the Seasonic branding - I happened to get a unit from Amarbir 2 weeks back and that unit showed symptoms of the fan not spinning but the powered the system without a fuss.

Assuming this was due to the PWM control (as found in the *newer* Seasonic Gold series PSUs), I thought the fan might turn on when the system was on load - that did not happen either. Sent back the unit the very same day and he promptly sent me back a replacement unit.

But like they say shit happens - the replacement unit showed the same symptoms and failed with the unit getting heated up till some component inside decided to smoke its way to glory!

I wonder if this PSU even passed the QC tests from the production facility before being sent!

I've sent mails to Tirupati and Seasonic Tech Support regarding this issue. Let's see what turns up.

Meanwhile RMA time.

Sucks , sorry to hear about that.

I had similar problems with my signature psu. the pwn control was busted but the fan would be spinning at full speed :bleh:

Didn't have anyone going to SG where i bought it from so just opened it up and swapped out the pwn fan with a normal fixed speed 80mm

^So much for this shitty PWM control - this PSU has another issue - a whining noise like those ultrasonic sound types. Cant be heard if this's inside an enclosure though.

But have to admit, Amarbir did promptly help me out with the replacement - I had a word with him just now. He's asked me to keep this unit on hold. Sending this 3.5kg PSU back to Chandigarh costed me 500 bucks last time - not worth it. If only Kaizen was the Authorised Service Partner for Sesonic. :(

hey gannu were you talking to amarbir on the phone last night around 7:30 .

because he mentioned somebody named ganesh from TE and something about RMA of a psu.he was in a foul mood and cursing his employees as to why they didn't handle the RMA properly and why they sent the new PSU in an old box.

He also said something that made me lol.......He said that ganesh from TE was a very important person for him. his exact words,"He's the fcuking prime minister of india for me"

Man had i been somewhere else rather than right in front of his nose i would have burst out laughing but i couldn't help smirking inspite of his glare.

rdst_1 said:

because he mentioned somebody named ganesh from TE and something about RMA of a psu.he was in a foul mood and cursing his employees as to why they didn't handle the RMA properly and why they sent the new PSU in an old box.

He also said something that made me lol.......He said that ganesh from TE was a very important person for him. his exact words,"He's the fcuking prime minister of india for me"
Man had i been somewhere else rather than right in front of his nose i would have burst out laughing but i couldn't help smirking inspite of his glare.

vip eh Gannu or is Amarbir ahem? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

rdst_1 said:

*Ouch!*

Yeah that person he's referring would be me - I did hear some good gaalies being handed over to his staffs and did tell him to be a bit more polite instead. Good to be treated as an elite customer you know! And I'm sure there're a lot more of them in TE who're PMs to him.

Better than being not communicative at all and lose the customers! ;)

sad to hear , i was about to get the seasonic 850w , now confused to get or not , dont want rma hassles as no service center here :( HX850 not there with distri :mad:

Udit said:
vip eh Gannu or is Amarbir ahem? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1+ :rofl: :rofl:

RoBoGhOsT said:
sad to hear , i was about to get the seasonic 850w , now confused to get or not , dont want rma hassles as no service center here :( HX850 not there with distri :mad:

1+ :rofl: :rofl:

u got pawed n00b varun stop thinking high end psu with overall

better get corsair FTW :p or coolmaster real power 850 :p

@gannu why can to rma to tawin if possible for replacement new psu ;)

if u are rma-ing through amarbir, it would be better if u ask him to test unit at his place first rather than shipping busted one and wasting money on shipping. Just a friendly advice.. and amarbir is reliable and has enough knowledge not to screw something up.

Update:

Seasonic Taiwan Tech Support personnel promptly contacted me on the next working day (which was Monday) and asked em to contact Tirupati, Kolkatta and passed me the contact details.

Shot a mail to Abhishek who heads Tirupati but got no response from his end. Phoenix, our very own Regd. Dealer in the forums passed me the details of Gautam Singh who heads the RMA division in Tirupati, Kolkatta. Shot a mail to him and got the response in about an hour or so. He asked me to send the faulty unit to Tirupati, Ahmedabad br. and that they would send the replacement unit upon receiving the faulty unit at Ahmedabad.

So far so good. I hope they send me a working unit this time! :ashamed:

Vandal said:
If you're dealing with Tirupati, all the best - lazy arse...
Word of advice, get an HX 750, nothing better :p

About time you consider NOT giving advices Vandal! Your post isn't helpful in any way. We do not get that PSU in India nor is it the best in its league.

Got the replacement today via AFL couriers.

System's up and running!

Many thanx to Gautam Singh (Tirupati Enterprises, Kolkatta), Seasonic Taiwan & Phoenix saar. :D

Bought the same PSU from primeabgb and encountered the same issue. Fan ain't working. Calling em today for a replacement. Lets see how it goes

Back