Storage Solutions Seagate India warranty is awful

Had a 1.5 month network drive fail, got the RMA and couriered on 13th Dec. Delivered on 14th. Their website shows 'not recd', and I spoke to someone twice. She promised o look and get back, but never did. Doing a search here, and I find lots of similar issues. What do you guys do finally?

After 4th call, and telling them I have proof of delivery, they finally acknowledged that they have recd it, and say 8-10 days for them to check it.

20-30 days? That's absurd. RMA abroad is much faster than that right? I would have thought that Seagate would have universal policies across countries? Too much to hope for I guess.

Sent it to

ACCEL FRONTLINE SERVICES LIMITED

No.173, Mount Poonamallee High Road,

Porur,

CHENNAI

600 116

India

It took me 23 days, had given a ST2000DL003 personally to the Accel service centre here in Mumbai. With transit time factored in, expect 25~30 days.

Also, I dont think Accel is bad, as I got an replacement for a Belkin router on the spot. I guess it has to do with Seagate/Transcend, I believe.

So, today I get a mail from Seagate Singapore, saying that they have shipped my drive. Hope they would have marked it as a warranty replacement. DO they usually do that? Do the customs guys believe that? Paid too much to customs this last one week as it is.

deepakvrao said:
So, today I get a mail from Seagate Singapore, saying that they have shipped my drive. Hope they would have marked it as a warranty replacement. DO they usually do that? Do the customs guys believe that? Paid too much to customs this last one week as it is.

i also got the a similar mail when i got my drive replaced, but the drive arrived from chennai and not singapore. Hopefully the same should happen for you too.

I have a query.
I also got my harddisk replaced the gave me 320 Gb hard disk for 1.5 yr old 250Gb Hard disk. But the thing is my old drive had 5 yrs warranty and this new drive box mentions 2 year limited warranty. I just wish to know that if my drive fails then what is my remaining warranty 3.5 yrs as per old bill or 2 yrs as per replacement drive?

adityamunshi said:
Whats the scene with Hitachi HDDs ? Have they reduced warranty as well ?

I think Hitachi RMA will be handled by WD now. I have a Hitachi portable but never needed to RMA it. Touchwood! :p

i got my 500gb hdd RMA just a month ago... hand delivered it at Accel and got it replaced within a week... I dont think Accel is bad but their website status tracker is updated so dont chk that...

i even had my AMD processor RMA in Accel got that too within 10 days

Both packings were amazing and was totally satisfied with it

Back