Storage Solutions Seagate disk crash, data recovery options?

hymanshu

Recruit
My 500GB Seagate Baracuda disk was not getting detected by BIOS a few days back. So, I got the f/w upgraded from Seagate and got the drive today but it is still not getting detected by BIOS. Earlier, I could feel the disk spinning, but now I can't feel any activity. So, can I still get my data recovered before I send it for replacement (it is still under warranty)?

Any good data recovery centers in Noida or Nehru Place? How much do they charge?

If it is not detected by BIOS then i am sorry no Data recovery software will work . You will have to go to professionals which are really expensive and most of the times cost will be more then a new HDD price just to recover some data .

If the hard drive is not showing up in the BIOS then you will not be able to do much about it. No software will help in this. And if you mess up a lot with the HD then there is a danger of further damage which will complicate the recovery.

If the data is really precious to you then it is better to approach the professional data recovery guys without further delay. Although their charges could be extremely high.
I have been to Nehru Place for this work earlier, I will try to find out if I still have those links.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is one link -

http://www.stellarinfo.co.in/locations/data-recovery-delhi-np.phpStellar Information Systems Ltd.
205, Skipper Corner, 88, Nehru Place, New Delhi- 19

Phone: 011 - 26418810, 26418809/10

But remember that they will quote very high charge for it. Above Rs 25000 for sure.

There are also few other vendors in the small shops who charge much less depending on the exact fault. And the hard drive testing is done free of cost, they do not charge for providing the estimate, so you can try them out.

Back