Graphic Cards Sapphire HD 6770 temperature range

john_avi

Disciple
Hi Friends,

I keep on monitoring whenever playing game. Currently I am playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. During the game play sometimes temperature reaches above 60. So I want to know what the safe temperature limits for Sapphire HD6770(1GB DDR5) while on full load (i.e in-game).

Thanks.

Well on load you should not get any higher than ~75°C and whilst on idle ~35°C --> 40°C this will depend on where you stay and how the airflow of your system is oriented.

Well on load you should not get any higher than ~75°C and whilst on idle ~35°C --> 40°C this will depend on where you stay and how the airflow of your system is oriented.

I am using Cooler Masters CM Elite 311, the PSU fan is at the bottom towards floor. I don't know why they have given fan slot at the bottom. To keep it in open i'll have to put it horizontally.

I am using Cooler Masters CM Elite 311, the PSU fan is at the bottom towards floor. I don't know why they have given fan slot at the bottom. To keep it in open i'll have to put it horizontally.

The fan on the SMPS is an exhaust for hot air in most cases OR it is use to pull in fresh air to cool the internal components of the SMPS. If it were to be placed incorrectly it would've been spewing a lot of hot air into your cabinet OR sucking in hot air instead of cooling components [SMPS internal parts] causing the efficiency of the SMPS to fall.

Hope this explains the situation, Cheers!!

The fan on the SMPS is an exhaust for hot air in most cases OR it is use to pull in fresh air to cool the internal components of the SMPS. If it were to be placed incorrectly it would've been spewing a lot of hot air into your cabinet OR sucking in hot air instead of cooling components [SMPS internal parts] causing the efficiency of the SMPS to fall.

Hope this explains the situation, Cheers!!

Ok so I'll try to keep the cabinet horizontally, allowing a proper ventilation and see if it brings down the heat levels. Anyways thanks. Between if anybody is using the same cabinet suggest me how they have kept it? What is the best way ?

IDK why you are worrying so much.

Anything below 80c is perfectly normal for a GPU.

My HD5770(same as HD6770 for practical purposes) reaches 75c at load in bfbc2 and crysis.

IDK why you are worrying so much.

Anything below 80c is perfectly normal for a GPU.

My HD5770(same as HD6770 for practical purposes) reaches 75c at load in bfbc2 and crysis.

LOL because I am staying in hottest city (Delhi-NCr) where temp goes upto 48c.
<
Actually i have heard a lot of experiences where their gpu was burnt because of not proper cooling so I am somewhat concerned.

happy19.gif
Actually i have heard a lot of experiences where their gpu was burnt because of not proper cooling so I am somewhat concerned.

Well glad to know Sire, even I reside in Delhi a few pics of your PC will help and then we can suggest you better solutions. Cheers!!

Your temperatures are totally fine. My cpu reaches 95 (not gpu like you) at load and still runs like a champ, so you have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Your temperatures are totally fine. My cpu reaches 95 (not gpu like you) at load and still runs like a champ, so you have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

CPU 95C or F?!!...95C is way too high man

@OP- Your temps are fine mate, GPUs can go upto 90C+, my Radeon 4870 idles at 59C and maxes out 75C. So, dont worry, carry on with your STALKER quests :)

happy19.gif

Even I stay in Nagpur where ambient temperatures can be as high as 47.6C(a record for vidarbha and maharashtra) and I understand your worries about temps.

When my card was new, I used to constantly monitor the temps using MSI AB
happy19.gif

Even I stay in Nagpur where ambient temperatures can be as high as 47.6C(a record for vidarbha and maharashtra) and I understand your worries about temps.

When my card was new, I used to constantly monitor the temps using MSI AB
happy19.gif

Even sometimes I switch on the AC just to keep the temp down while playing.

Well glad to know Sire, even I reside in Delhi a few pics of your PC will help and then we can suggest you better solutions. Cheers!!

I have uploaded pics of my CPU. I guess it should be enough to suggest something.

Attachments

• DSC01390.JPG
    DSC01390.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC01391.JPG
    DSC01391.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC01392.JPG
    DSC01392.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC01393.JPG
    DSC01393.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 226
I see you have a fan slot for the side panel, place a fan there, it will blow cool air directly onto the graphic card which will aid in reducing temperatures further.

Next do you have a fan slot in the front façade of the cabinet as well, try to put another fan there again pulling in fresh air. The rear fan beside the I/O cluster will be enough to pull out the hot air.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

I see you have a fan slot for the side panel, place a fan there, it will blow cool air directly onto the graphic card which will aid in reducing temperatures further.

Next do you have a fan slot in the front façade of the cabinet as well, try to put another fan there again pulling in fresh air. The rear fan beside the I/O cluster will be enough to pull out the hot air.

Ok I'll try this but will have to wait 4 weekends as Nehru Place is far from here. If I add another fan then my CX500 PSU will be able to provide power to this fan? will it be easy for me to add a fan to the cabinet as I have never done before?

#[member='john']_avi it is not very hard to add a fan to your system, you should ideally try to buy these fans --> http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=4375 they are sold for ~400/- per piece at SMC International, if these are too expensive for your taste you can also consider these fans --> http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=118, these retail for ~150/-.

If you buy the SickleFlow fan you can plug in the PWM 3-pin connector onto the motherboard for optimum airflow / noise performance, 3-pin PWM connectors and motherboard pin look like this --

pwm_connector_2.jpg

If you do not have enough PWM connectors OR just want the fan to run at full-speed irrespective of internal temperatures, you can use the direct Molex connector through the SMPS --

molex.jpg

Back