Samsung S5 @20% discount

His sister works for samsung. He mentioned in the show off thread where be put up pics of galaxy gear.

His sister works for Samsung in Canada IIRC. I don't know his sources and don't even want a S5, but he does get some awesome pricing for Samsung phones locally, so was just curious to know if he knows already what will be the lowest price.

Sorry for late reply.....Will update tomorrow. Till then.....Enjoy.

Also those who wants to buy the Gear ....Its now available for approx 14500/-.

Last edited:
As pet my source MRP would be 47990/- and the street price on the first day will be 46500/- and after 15 days no one will gonna buy it. :D:D

The Times of India carried a full front page ad today for the S5, according to which, the price should be 51500/- which was mentioned during launch event and by the websites covering the launch.
The ad mentions a 15% cashback for Citi card holders to the max amount of 7725/- (which is 15% of 51500/-) effectively bringing the phone to 43775/-

I went to the Samsung flagship store at Phoenix, they did not have the demo unit, but said the price would be 51500/- and that there was internal talk that the cashback for citi might go upto 20% max! Wouldn't that make the S5 cheaper than the S4 at launch ? Considering S4 is still officially selling for 41500/- ?

Also, Croma sales guy confirmed the selling price of 51500/- and said that they might get the phone only a few days after Samsung stores.

The Times of India carried a full front page ad today for the S5, according to which, the price should be 51500/- which was mentioned during launch event and by the websites covering the launch.
The ad mentions a 15% cashback for Citi card holders to the max amount of 7725/- (which is 15% of 51500/-) effectively bringing the phone to 43775/ I went to the Samsung flagship store at Phoenix, they did not have the demo unit, but said the price would be 51500/- and that there was internal talk that the cashback for citi might go upto 20% max! Wouldn't that make the S5 cheaper than the S4 at launch ? Considering S4 is still officially selling for 41500/- ?

Also, Croma sales guy confirmed the selling price of 51500/- and said that they might get the phone only a few days after Samsung stores.

How as per add the price Should be 51500/? As of now no one knows what will be the price we all of us are assuming that it will be 48k 50k or 51.5k, Every one is saying the price will be would be should be.

What ever is the price im gonna buy this.

S4 is not anymore selling for 41500/- its the MRP now the local price for S4 is 28k and in Samsung store 29900/-

@rajshah If im not mistaken u had bought a nexus from me ?

@karankapoor As far as I remember I had gotten my Nexus 4 from @AsidXxx !
And I meant the S4 prices in the newspaper ads and at stores like Croma, its still around 41500, definitely in the paper ads!
And again, as per the ad, 7725/- was the max cashback which is 15% of 51500/-
That's why the price guess, not to mention that that the Samsung smartphone cafe sales manager told me the same MRP.
And got a call from the Phoenix Store yesterday. They have the S5 display unit.
Going to check it out today.

Also, I am hearing that the cash back is definitely going to be 20% for Citi cards!

News!
Visited the Matunga Smartphone Cafe. The S5 wasn't on display.
It's like the sales guys were trying to keep it a secret!
I asked for it, and one of the sales guys asked another rep to show it to me ! (He pulled it out of his pockets! :p)

It was the (dull)Black color, really dull! I welcome the move away from the shiny/glossy design!
And the color/looks being subjective, the phone didn't seem any great either!
The camera is touted as being a crazy fast shooter, didn't seem like that. My Note 3 cam seemed at par.
The phone wasn't lag free either. The scaled down Touchwiz is a welcome change but still bogs the phone down.
Honestly, here I was, all willing to pre-book and swipe that card on the 11th to get hold of the new galaxy!
Especially since the S5 comes to around 41K!
But now in two minds, and even the mind that craves new gadgets is asking me to skip this Galaxy!

P.S. For those interested 51500 - 20% (Citi Cashback) = 41200/- (Confirmed by 2 Samsung Smart Cafes)

Guys, Suggestions for a new phone ? I am bored of the Note3/Touchwiz. Need a good camera on the phone.
Nexus 5 / Moto X / Something else?

Bought white color :D:D:D
Congrats Karan!
Even I got the White color on the launch day from Croma !
Honestly, from my initial impressions, I am liking the route Samsung is going with it's Flat UI and revamped Touchwiz.
The subtle changes Samsung has made seem to drive a point that they are ready to go with a cleaner UI but won't risk a huge overhaul in one step.
It's got a long way to go, but the way they are going with this phone, makes me feel, that they are surely getting into the whole better and cleaner UI.
Nothing ground breaking with the phone, but its definitely better to use than the previous Galaxy phones, which is again not a big deal, as the UI and software updates should spill over to the older gen Galaxy and Note models in a couple of months!
Touchwiz still lags :(
The multitasking key replacing the menu key is a big deal for me! Sure, I could do it through Xposed modules, but having it there as default is good.

Back