Should I root the Phone?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

axis.meister

Disciple
I have a non-rooted Note 3 Neo N750, which is about 8 months old now. I have been considering rooting it, but havent done that yet due to the Knox Warranty Void issue with newer Samsung devices.

Basically, the bootloader is locked, and if you flash custom recovery with Odin, the Knox Warranty Void flag gets set to 1. I have read that it is not 100% certain that the flag will be set on rooting but is highly probable. One-click root solutions dont work on my device since it is an Exynos based device(tried all SRS-Root, Kingo, One-click root, etc).

I want to root so that I can use Adaway, Greenify and to remove the Samsung Crapware loaded as system apps. My main issue with the phone is the ads and the lag to wake up which I attribute to the loads of background apps that cannot be greenified since I dont have root access.

I wanted to know if anyone here has experience with Samsung Warranty with the Knox Warranty Void flag triggered. Also would like to know your experiences with phone performance after rooting and optimization.

I have a one year old i9500 s4 . The exynos octa version . Rooted it to install cm 12.1 after warranty was over . Knox was tripped . I didn't care as warrantywas over . Didn't like cm 12.1 . Back to stock with knox tripped .

Root your phone only after warranty is over... Also you can turn off unwanted apps in the settings menu which is an alternate of uninstalling them... No need of root permissions to do so...

Root your phone only after warranty is over... Also you can turn off unwanted apps in the settings menu which is an alternate of uninstalling them... No need of root permissions to do so...

Yes I know I can turn off unwanted apps, the issue is with the wanted apps that keep running in the background. For example, I use TTPOD as music player, but even even after I close it properly, some service keeps running. Greenify cannot auto hibernate in non root version so that doesn't help as much.

Yes I know I can turn off unwanted apps, the issue is with the wanted apps that keep running in the background. For example, I use TTPOD as music player, but even even after I close it properly, some service keeps running. Greenify cannot auto hibernate in non root version so that doesn't help as much.

I have had mixed experiences with android rooting... hence would advice against it... I had a sony xperia sl, for which rooting helped me increase the phone's performance and last me an extra year... Then I got a samsung galaxy s4, for which rooting ruined the phone at rendered it useless with wifi/bluetooth not functional and phone used to run @ 55-60 degree temps with 4-5 hours battery life...
So in short, let your warranty period get over... thn tinker with the phone...

Can't think of how 'rooting' can cause all these symptoms

My rooted s4 i9500 does not have the above stated problems on stock 4.4.4 or 5.0.1 or cm 12/12.1 .

It was my experience which I thought I could share... might be some rare scenario... But still the phone was fine while using stock ROM...
Only after I rooted it and installed custom ROM, I started experiencing the problems... Tried various ROMs, modems, official ROMs too... but none worked..
Even posted on TE forums for any suggestions from experts... Also service center guys @ 2 different locations told me that the motherboard has to be replaced as the wireless chip is gone.. Finally sold off the phone and using a lumia 730 now... :p
I'm not against rooting... Just that if phone is under warranty, and knox counter reset is not available then one should hold back till warranty expires... :)

Back