Android Samsung Galaxy S3 official India firmware update

Detox101

Disciple
Just received a notification about and update for Samsung Galaxy S3. Wanted to know what update is this before I actually go ahead.. If anyone has done it.. please let me know here..

If anyone has done the update.. please let me know.. for now I am quite happy with JellyBean 4.1.2.. so want to figure out if the update is worth it..

What's the size of the update?

Also updates are for bugs and fixes so there is no harm updating your phone.

Attention : Stock firmware I9300XXEMG4 and later will modify EFS stucture on first boot. So old modems cannot be used. Doing that carries a risk of leaving S3 in a 'No service' state as IMEI will be lost.

Better is to have your 4.1.x series EFS backed up ... Just in case...

Attention : Stock firmware I9300XXEMG4 and later will modify EFS stucture on first boot. So old modems cannot be used. Doing that carries a risk of leaving S3 in a 'No service' state as IMEI will be lost.

Better is to have your 4.1.x series EFS backed up ... Just in case...

That is in case you flash custom roms where the old modems are used this is an official update where every thing comes as one package.

Just want to know if its a 4.3 update... Don't want a 4.2.2 update... adds no value to the functionality of my phone..

As for the update if it has to be 4.3 as it was scheduled to come out this month.

^ Do IT Do IT Do IT...... Damn I was almost going to install some custom rom this weekend......
It COULD be 4.3 as Samsung has scrapped 4.2.2. So Install it and let us know.....
All the best.... ;-)
Take a screen shot before and after of the version screen.

Stupid Samsung will never give you details about what exactly that update is intended for.... So jump in mate.... Take the lead for the community :p

I have posted on their facebook community requesting for the details of this update.. Lets wait for their reply.. in the meantime... if anyone has taken the dive.. do let us know what update it is..

U wont get any reply...
Update it what the hell could go wrong.... You can always connect with Kies and restore previous version.....
Whats the size of the update you are getting???

It is 4.1.2 only. Saw someone's post at another "Indian" forum:

"hi, got an 96mb OTA update for the S3. Had left the phone for charging while this downloaded. I forgot to note the version earlier before the update.
After update it is on 4.1.2, kernel 3.0.31-1292854, build no JZO54K.I9300XXEMH4"

Khoda pahaad nikla chuha... not updating... my phone is currently very fast with excellent battery life.. don't want to change it for some lame update...

I had installed an update last week. My kernel version is same as mentioned above but the build number is JZO54K.I9300XXEMG5. Got 2 new google apps 'Play Books' and 'Play Movies'. Did not notice any performance upgrades but the battery life seems to have gone down a bit (haven't analysed properly). I am not able to connect to the update server to determine if I am not the latest build or is there a new update available.

I had installed an update last week. My kernel version is same as mentioned above but the build number is JZO54K.I9300XXEMG5. Got 2 new google apps 'Play Books' and 'Play Movies'. Did not notice any performance upgrades but the battery life seems to have gone down a bit (haven't analysed properly). I am not able to connect to the update server to determine if I am not the latest build or is there a new update available.

What I have received is an OTA update notification. The update you are talking about is something I got almost a couple of months back.. I already have Play Books and Play Movie app on my phone for some time now..

^ Well, I thought so. I haven't received any notification and can't seem to connect to the update server. Will keep an eye on this thread for any updates. Does the kernel version change after every update?

Back