Samsung Galaxy Grand

prabs

Skilled
I am planning to get the phone this Sunday.

Apart from the screen is there any other drawback in getting it?

Also, does this phone support OTG (I forgot to ask this to the attendant at store and I can't find much info on it on online)?

Dual sim is a primary requirement at the moment for me.

Also have had experience with LG Service centre (About 3 years back). My sister's phone developed a problem and they kept the phone for 2 weeks.

Currently using a HTC. Service centres are rare, service is good but the product itself is a pita. Hence, staying away from HTC as well this time.

If dual sim is necessary for you then this is the best option available. I know the display is not as good as other offerings at this price point but its not bad either. Two of my friends have it and its not that bad as its being made out to be.
So if dual sim and a bigger screen are your requirements, Grand is the best bet. You will definitely have a decent browsing and movie watching experience on it. Plus the 8mp camera is quite good.

If dual sim is necessary for you then this is the best option available. I know the display is not as good as other offerings at this price point but its not bad either. Two of my friends have it and its not that bad as its being made out to be.
So if dual sim and a bigger screen are your requirements, Grand is the best bet. You will definitely have a decent browsing and movie watching experience on it. Plus the 8mp camera is quite good.
True only the price of the phone is slightly overpriced. It should be under 17-18K IMO.

processor inside

hai there,
have you thought of the processor used, it is a broadcom soc. any idea of broadcom soc. how reliable is it

I am planning to get the phone this Sunday.

Apart from the screen is there any other drawback in getting it?

Also, does this phone support OTG (I forgot to ask this to the attendant at store and I can't find much info on it on online)?

Exactly. The screen seemed decent. A lot of negative comments made me a bit apprehensive about buying it but in hand it seemed good for reading pdfs or comics. I don't plan to watch videos on it while travelling.

True only the price of the phone is slightly overpriced. It should be under 17-18K IMO.

Perhaps but I do get some freebies if I get the introductory offer plus I get to use an extra sim without bothering with an extra phone.

hai there,
have you thought of the processor used, it is a broadcom soc. any idea of broadcom soc. how reliable is it

Check out the iGyaan benchmark video on youtube should clear most doubts. The phone seemed pretty decent performance wise.

Any word on OTG support on this device?

OT: Recently met my friend who showed me his Galaxy Grand, I was asking him how much it costs, configuration etc... and he said, "Haan bhayya, yeh app ke s3 ki raand hai" :rofl:

I know the display is not as good as other offerings at this price point but its not bad either. Two of my friends have it and its not that bad as its being made out to be.

Exactly. The screen seemed decent. A lot of negative comments made me a bit apprehensive about buying it but in hand it seemed good for reading pdfs or comics. I don't plan to watch videos on it while travelling.

It's not about display being bad, it's about being "comparatively bad". The resolution simply is no match for this price category. Instead Xperia SL has a much much better display along with better performance, cost difference being pretty miniscule.

Check out the iGyaan benchmark video on youtube should clear most doubts. The phone seemed pretty decent performance wise.
?

Again, Xperia SL will blow it.

hai there,

Broadcom = sad dev support.

The screen is a compromise and I think my requirement for a dual sim is hindering my choice to some extent.

Could you guys suggest a dual sim with similar specs.

P.S.: I think I read somewhere that the forum will be down for maintenance tomorrow and day after so I need to reach a conclusion today before T.E goes offline.

Well all the comparisons with other phones are moot if dual sim is OP's basic requirement. If that's not the case, the thread will go in complete different direction. Other option can be HTC Desire SV (but the specs are lower) or else you'll have to look at Micromaxx.

I am using grand for past one month. It is a good phone- Camera is good- stills are nice and Videos are quite good.Battery lasts whole days no matter how hard u use it.The screen might not be as good as the s2 or s3- but considering that this gives me flexibility of 2 sims- screen quality is more than acceptable., and nary a hiccup since i owned this !

I am using grand for past one month. It is a good phone- Camera is good- stills are nice and Videos are quite good.Battery lasts whole days no matter how hard u use it.The screen might not be as good as the s2 or s3- but considering that this gives me flexibility of 2 sims- screen quality is more than acceptable., and nary a hiccup since i owned this !

Just let me know. ...my sis has grand....viber is having some force closes....even after updates....let me know if ur able to run viber with out any FC??

Back