S2 vs. Grand Vs. One S

deepanshuchg

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: Around 22k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Dnt know

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Samsung>HTC> Any Indian brand

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera or more. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android only

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G,Wifi,

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: A bit of games, music, sometimes clicking pics

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Will prefer single sim but no harms on dual sims as well

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: I was thinking of SII or One S but due to out-dated processor of ONE S(for indians), it is kinda removed from my list.
And today Samsung launched Grand with a whooping 5 inch screen but its has a WVGA capacitive touch screen which is stopping me to choose it.
Or i shud save 4-5k and go for Samsung galaxy s advance?

I wont buy Micromax A116HD as my sister would be buying it (may be)
The only thing that is stopping me to buy s2 is it is 2 year old. Though the specs are almost same in s2 Plus but launching date and price is not yet revealed (?)
and dual sim is not my preference but if Grand screen performs fine i'll not bother abt getting a dual sim

Has anyone used Indian version of HTC one S (with S3 processor) ? If so how was ur experience? Any cons inspite of Non expandable memory?

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone used Indian version of HTC one S (with S3 processor) ? If so how was ur experience? Any cons inspite of Non expandable memory?

I tried the One S at store. Let me tell you, its fine But it still lags at times and gaming is not so smooth. Tried Temple Run 2 on Best, but could notice a few lags!

If you so critical about the screen then try Motorola Droid Razr XT910(?) too. It has better screen compared to S2. You can easily see pixelation on the low ppi screen of S2 but not on Droid Razr because of the Super Amoled Advanced display. I haven't used it myself by from what I have heard, it is a killer phone. Sleek, powerful and beautiful all in one. The question is, can you find it?

The is only one problem. Buying a dual core phone right now is not a great idea. we will be moving to octacore processor this year, anything that is dual core will look outdated no matter what. If I were in your place I would find a decent deal on SIII and buy that instead. Save money if you have to, it would be better that way.

The is only one problem. Buying a dual core phone right now is not a great idea. we will be moving to octacore processor this year, anything that is dual core will look outdated no matter what. If I were in your place I would find a decent deal on SIII and buy that instead. Save money if you have to, it would be better that way.

Yeah! We went Quad-core on the PC front way back in 2006, still have to find day-to-day tasks that saturate each core (physical OR virtual) after seven years of the multi-core drama.

Yeah! We went Quad-core on the PC front way back in 2006, still have to find day-to-day tasks that saturate each core (physical OR virtual) after seven years of the multi-core drama.

Ikr. But if you read my post carefully I used the word 'look'. 99% android apps can't even use two cores but it is always recommended to get latest hardware. Maybe someday we will get apps that can better use the hardware on android.

Ikr. But if you read my post carefully I used the word 'look'. 99% android apps can't even use two cores but it is always recommended to get latest hardware. Maybe someday we will get apps that can better use the hardware on android.

Yeah! Till then the extra hardware is a battery hog. Nothing more.

I cant go for SIII atm as it wud be impossible for me to find it on less than 30k and finding Motorola Droid Razr XT910 wud even be a difficult job
So will luk if i can use ONE S at some local dealer then will decide between SII and ONE S
and may be till then will get a review of Grand and may be if it luks gud i can even go for it

Back