Rise of Tomb Raider - Discussion thread

quan chi

Skilled
Rise of the Tomb Raider Revealed
New Lara Croft coming Holiday 2015
Crystal Dynamics has announced Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015. A trailer shown during Microsoft's E3 Press Conference featured a visibly distressed Lara undergoing therapy after the events of 2012's Tomb Raider. Croft is also seen sneaking through enormous caves, once again killing enemies quietly with her bow.

More info : http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/09/e3-2014-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-revealed
I didn't enjoyed the reboot much & have not much interest in this also. :banghead:There was a time I used to be a big fan of the series.

Opposite for me, was never a fan of the platforming and puzzle solving all alone in earlier games, hugely enjoyed the action oriented gameplay of the reboot. Purists say it's not a "Tomb Raider" game, I say it's fun and that's what counts.

^^Maybe but it lost the soul of original tomb raider. Its a shameless rip off of uncharted series. Anyways gaming has hit to its lower standards & I am not anymore interested in them. Thats why I try to enjoy the old classics which i had missed. They have become more like bollywood ripping from here & there then masking it with unwanted songs aka item numbers in this case unwanted visuals to fool the others. Even they are not that good if you examine closely.

As a PC gamer I never played the Uncharted series, gamepads really don't work for me. I also like to turn off my brain while playing these AAA titles, which is why I rather enjoyed the relatively easier combat, great visuals and good character animations of the reboot. It was a decent time pass, worth the bargain price I got it for.

Anyways gaming has hit to its lower standards & I am not anymore interested in them.

Haha yes, catering to the masses, ensuring broader appeal and acceptance. Making AAA games are getting costlier and costlier, and the only way to turn a profit is to make them for the lowest common denominator.

As a PC gamer I never played the Uncharted series, gamepads really don't work for me. I also like to turn off my brain while playing these AAA titles, which is why I rather enjoyed the relatively easier combat, great visuals and good character animations of the reboot. It was a decent time pass, worth the bargain price I got it for.

Haha yes, catering to the masses, ensuring broader appeal and acceptance. Making AAA games are getting costlier and costlier, and the only way to turn a profit is to make them for the lowest common denominator.
Well I was always an action adventure lover & played mostly action adventure games. Uncharted series is a bit inspired from tomb raider but it was almost different with improved mechanics & controls. If you too love action adventure games then you will definitely love uncharted 2 the best in the series. E3 2009 was the best! according to me.

Coming back to your last comment yes you said that right price is another factor its too high even for the flop games.
The only improvement that I am seeing is in the indie games people are trying to do something new & creative there. At least they are yet to be hit by some unnecessary forcing & fooling bug.

Last edited:
rise_of_the_tomb_raider1.jpg

Hoping for some Xbox One exclusives to be announced at Gamescom? You're in the right place. Phil Harrison, corporate VP at Microsoft, just announced Rise of Tomb Raider will be coming to the platform some time "holiday" next year (though we're not sure which). It'll be the latest instalment of the legendary franchise, one that's probably older than many of the people who will play it. Even if it isn't the "definitive version."

LINK :
http://www.engadget.com/2014/08/12/rise-of-the-tombraider/

Somebody at squeenix really screwed this up. The number of people buying a new XB1 to play this won't be more than the number of people who would have bought this on PC PS4 and XB1. Too bad, was really looking forward to this one.

I think this won't be Xb1 exclusive for two long. It might be something like Ryse which is coming out for PC some time - Limited time Xbox exclusive, actually I hope it's like that.

Keeping Tomb Raider away from PC is a crime really.

Now i always wanted to comment on this. Square Enix were crying like a baby,ooh it didnt make that many sales ooh we are not happy with TR. Then once it crossed the sales they expected,made them happy. Now that was possible because it was launched on current gen and next gen plus pc. This is stupidity to keep it confined with xbox one and not even porting it to x360 which has a larger user base. I am sure that Square Enix`s pockets are already full from the shitload money that MS must have paid. Lets see if there is any definitive version for Sony fans or not.

is a 2015 exclusive for Xbox One

If I am understanding it right (considering how these people sometimes (mis/ab)use the word "exclusive" for business) its an exclusive for xbox one only for 2015. After that what will happen to this exclusivity is not mentioned. Thus you cannot say for sure that it is a xbone exclusive.

Last edited:
Completed Tomb Raider just now and enjoyed it. Not too concerned about the exclusivity as it will definitely come to PC eventually. Sad for PS4 users though. BTW the name sounds stupid and out of place at least to me :-\

Microsoft has confirmed that the exculusivity is just temporary. TR will most likely make it's way to PC like Ryse and Dead Rising 3 will.

Xbox boss Phil Spencer has confirmed to Eurogamer that Microsoft's controversial exclusivity deal for Rise of the Tomb Raider "has a duration".

However, he declined to confirm how long that duration is set for.
Last night, during its Gamescom press conference, Microsoft and Square Enix made the surprise announcement that Rise of the Tomb Raider would launch holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox. That, Spencer confirmed, means Xbox One and Xbox 360.

But the wording of its statement caused some to wonder whether the game would eventually launch on other platforms. Spencer wouldn't speak for Square Enix on this, but did compare the deal to that it had for Xbox One games Dead Rising and Ryse, which will also launch on PC.

PS4 is also a possibility, but since Ryse and Dead Rising 3 have not yet been announced for PS4, one can't be too sure.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...b-raider-xbox-exclusivity-deal-has-a-duration

I am eager for this Autumn release of Ryse on PC. I hope its not just another Crysis in the making , Can your PC run "RYSE" !

Xbox Boss Phil Spencer: Tomb Raider Exclusivity is the Xbox One's Answer to Uncharted

Xbox boss Phil Spencer talked with Eurogamer in an interview about the exclusivity of Rise of the Tomb Raider. He admitted that he is a fan of Uncharted and the exclusive game is Microsoft's answer.

"I'm a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk," said Spencer. "We've started some, and we've looked at them. But we don't have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity."

"People push me as the content guy, shouldn't it all be about the content you're building?," added Spencer. "I want to own all of the hits on our platform. Well, not all of them - that's too much. But I want to have a stable of hits on our platform that we own. Absolutely. That's fundamental to us having a successful platform. When a unique opportunity comes up, I've got to go look at that. And this was a unique opportunity."

Spencer came out saying that he expected some backlash, but came out swinging saying that the partnership benefits both Microsoft and Square Enix. Microsoft will be helping market the game once it releases. He also feels the franchise will only grow in popularity.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251...usivity-is-the-xbox-ones-answer-to-uncharted/

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/95495143805/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-faq

• What does exclusive to Xbox mean?
It means that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming Holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360.

• Does the exclusive to Xbox have a duration? Is it timed? How long is the duration? Can we expect a PlayStation 4 or PC release in the future?
Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.

• Did Crystal Dynamics know about this deal?
Yes, Crystal Dynamics is excited to be partnering with Microsoft to make the best game possible. As Darrell mentioned in his message, we have a long history with Microsoft and they have been a very strong supporter of the franchise. They will help us grow and nurture the Tomb Raider franchise more than ever before.

• Were the fans considered when making this decision?
Are Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix aware of the franchise history with PlayStation and on PC?Of course. We did not make this decision lightly. Our goal is to build the best game that we possibly can, and our relationship with Microsoft will help us realize our vision for the game.

• Why didn’t Microsoft, Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics say upfront it was a timed exclusive? Why all the indirect language?
We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.

I think that they were scared to compete with UC4 .

The success of Uncharted 4 is pretty doubtful. Uncharted 2 was the best. Uncharted 4 is a forced version. Even amy hennings & Justin richmond has quit.

It will be a success . By the time it comes on PS4,it would have sold around +15 Million consoles . This makes a huge customer base,i am expecting its lifetime sales to be around 3.5-4.5 million units.[DOUBLEPOST=1408937648][/DOUBLEPOST]If we compare COD to this game,many directors and script writers plus creative directors left but did that contribute to drop in sales . No,it still sells and so will this one too. But then only time will be a better and more accurate judge.

They say most of the recent salman khan movies earn near to 200 crores does that mean his movies are good?

COD is a multi platform game for all age groups (especially for kids). Moreover it has more pc players. There are many factors at play. Even GOW ascension was a flop when compared to its sequels.

Last edited:
Back