Car & Bike Repairing OLD Pulsar 150 for wiring problems (80k kms)

Hi All,

My old Pulsar is giving a strange problem. I have a fully charged new battery but the sometimes the starter and the horn do not get the current and fails to start up. The horn too do not blow at times. I think there is some problem with the wiring or a loose connection somewhere.

Has anybody faced similar problems before?

Anybody know a good mechanic in Pune to get this sorted out?

Regards,

Faith

Hi, you can check if you have a multimeter, connect the mutimeter to the battery terminals on DC 0 to 20V & kick start the bike.

Rev it to about 3K rpm & check for voltage,ideally it should be at around 13.5 to 14.6 V when battery is fully charged.Try to rev a little higher & check that the reading do not cross the 14.6V.

If this is okay then your rectifier/ regulator is ok.If not you will have to replace the same.

Check for any shredded insulation in the wiring loom.Earlier pulsars have issues with the insulation on wires flaking & crumbling on the wiring loom.

A new wiring kit should cost you about 750 to 800 rs Minda (OEM) or about 1800 rs for the bajaj spare from the showroom.

I case you need to replace the wiring kit,check for the matching part no: that corresponds to your bike as there are mutiple variants in the pulsar range.

Rgds,

Jtd3

Thanks for your answer.

Problem sorted out. The Starter relay was sparking (probably with a short circuit) and burned the rubber cap at the connection. It could have burnt my seat, fortunately I took off the seat to have a look.

I replaced the Relay and everything is fine now.

Multimeter Reading above 14.6V and its somewhere around 15.3-15.8 V

Hi, you can check if you have a multimeter, connect the mutimeter to the battery terminals on DC 0 to 20V & kick start the bike.

Rev it to about 3K rpm & check for voltage,ideally it should be at around 13.5 to 14.6 V when battery is fully charged.Try to rev a little higher & check that the reading do not cross the 14.6V.

If this is okay then your rectifier/ regulator is ok.If not you will have to replace the same.

Check for any shredded insulation in the wiring loom.Earlier pulsars have issues with the insulation on wires flaking & crumbling on the wiring loom.

A new wiring kit should cost you about 750 to 800 rs Minda (OEM) or about 1800 rs for the bajaj spare from the showroom.

I case you need to replace the wiring kit,check for the matching part no: that corresponds to your bike as there are mutiple variants in the pulsar range.

Rgds,

Jtd3

I have the same problem in my bike pulsar 150 which has run around 93,000 kms. I havent changed the regulator once. Now becoz of this problem I took it to a local mechanic and he checked it with a multimeter and the reading is constantly around 15.3 to 15.8. Does this mean that the rectifier unit has a problem and has to be replaced.
Regards,Tony.

my problem is, my battery is not work after 3 months of installation. by bike is new (2014) but it do not start from self after 3 months from installation . service center replace coil, charger card and relay but problem not solved and they all ready change 2 no of battery now please help me what can i do. i think wiring is short.

Back