Audio Recommendations needed for a new headphone (budget: Rs 20K/flexible)

abhisheak

Disciple
Hi,
I am Abhisheak, I have been looking for a decent headphones from a very long time. But due to some constraints I was never able to buy one. But finally I have got a chance to buy a decent pair.
Frankly I have never been able to pamper my ears with quality sound, all the headphones I have used are so far cheap below Rs 3k or the in-box earphones that comes with the cell phones. So my experience in the world of audio is below par.
So coming on to the main topic, I will list my expectation/taste/preference (My language will be very noobish)

Genre I prefer to listen (I don't limit my self to any particular genre, but mainly I listen to these): EDM, Dance, Electro, House, Pop, Rock, R&B & Hip-Hop.

Edit: i like bass but the base shouldn't overpower/overshadow other instruments, it shouldn't be like after listening for 10 minutes I have to rest my ears, bass should be present and punchy but shouldn't over shadow vocals and other music instruments, bass should be there where it is require. It shouldn't sound like cheap skullcandy headphones.

Budget is around ~Rs 15k~20k (But I can extend if a better sounding can is available)
My age (if it matters): 21
SoUrce: HTC One M7 (FLAC's)
Type Portable or Semi-Portable headphones.
The headphones recommended by you will be my only cans, so recommended a headphones which play well for most of the genre (I know there is no 1 headphone for all type of music).

One of the major problem in the Delhi (I believe) is the lack of ability to demo before making the purchase.
And I dont know any TE meber who lives in Delhi who is audiophile/or owns premium headphones (No pun intended). (If anyone aware of the shops that allows to demo before buying in Delhi,plz reccomed)

Reading above you may have guessed that this is my first serious purchase of a music instrument.
Looking forward to the positive reply.

Thank you for your time.

For your music tastes and source, best option is Sennheiser Momentum. I think they can be auditioned at any Sennheiser Experience Zone in Delhi (google for them), price should be just about 20K

For your music tastes and source, best option is Sennheiser Momentum. I think they can be auditioned at any Sennheiser Experience Zone in Delhi (google for them), price should be just about 20K

AFAIK Momentum lacks the punch in the bass and is not suited for EDM genre.

Or you can checkout "the wirecutter" for the best priced headphones. Check the brand and buy it from wherever suits you.

I think Sennheiser Experience Zone is dysfunctional in Delhi.
Anyways any other reccomendation aprt from Sennheiser Momentum.

Back