Recommend a Laptop for 60K, with 1920x1080 res.

Infected

Skilled
I require a laptop within a budget of 60K, which I intend to use as a HTPC as well as to travel with it. I intend to use an External SATA drive with it so HDD space is not so much of a concern but I would like a screen res of 1920x108O, the size is not that important as is the res for my intended usage.

What's your Budget?
~About 60K

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
WebSurfing, HTPC, and using Google Maps with GPS on my cross country drives.

What size and weight considerations do you have?
Dont care too much.

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
I just dont like Compaq thats all.

Any other considerations?
Screen Res of 1920x1080, HDMI out, would prefer a smaller SSD than a bigger HDD.
Should playback FullHD Rips with ease.

Any thing else I am missing?

Please post some recommendations,
thanks a lot.

You can have a look at sony vaio EB26, it has a 15 inch FULL HD screen(1920x1080) and a ATI 5650 1 GB graphics card,hence it will play fullHD rips smoothly without any lag. It doesnt have an SSD and you wont get an ssd equipped laptop in this price range,but if ssd is necessary then you can replace its 500gb hard disk with a 40gb ssd which you can buy for around 10k.Its MRP is 52k but you can easily get it for 50k at vaio flagship stores, you even get a free targus laptop bag with it. here is the link for EB26:

VPCEB26FG : E Series : VAIO

^^ Do you know if Sony will replace the HDD to SSD for me, I dont mind paying them the extra 10K..??

Yeah even I was looking at the E series.

My local computer guy is quoting me slightly less than 50K.

Admins: Sorry I posted in the wrong forum, can you please move the tread to the appropriate one...?

Thanks

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Moved already can Admins please delete one of them. Thanks

Back