PC Peripherals Razer or SteelSeries Keyboard and Mouse Combo.

Infected

Skilled
Hi,

I am getting super confused with two gaming Keyboards and Mouse Combo.

I don't know what I do that I go thru a Keyboard a year or so. Last few which I have destroyed are MS Natural, Razer Trantula etc. Now I am looking for a new one. Something that would last me a while. I would have gotten the MS Natural again, as I really like it and m used to it, but unfortunately no one can get me those seems to be out of stock or something, the wireless one is available but I dont want that.

So now it comes down to the 3 combos:

1. Razer Black Widow Ultimate and the Death Adder. 5750/- + 2040/- =7790/-

What i like are the individually back-light keys, and that it is mechanical. I dont care so much about Audio

Pass thru and the USB pass thru but would be nice to have thats why I am comparing the Ultimate. And I love the Death Adder when I had it one of the best mouse IMHO.

What I dont like is that it is loud to type on and that I have to wait for the click for the key to register.

And to be nit picking I am not happy with the glossy finish.

And that I have gone thru a few of Razer products and ruined them within a year each.

3. Razer Black Widow Ultimate and the Mamba. 5750/- + 6000/- =11750/-

Mamba price is an approx have to yet get a quote.

Added this option just to make the price comparable to the Steelseries.

This just gives me more DPI and wireless, I dont care so much for just that

3. Steel Series 7G and the Xia. for about 8400/- + 5200/- = 13,600/-

Now I really like the 7G, its all the good stuff with no frills, I love the native PS/2 connector for obvious reasons, as way lesser lag than the BlackWidow (reading reviews), Gold connectors for individual keys, Quieter in comparison. And that it's build quality, is build like a tank, which is its best attribute IMO.

What I don't like is that, it has no macro keys, and no black-light compared to the Black Widow, but thats ok for me. And ofcourse the price; it is ofcourse more expensive.

As for the Xia I have never used it so I dont know but it seems like a decent Mouse to try out.

Please suggest with our comments...

I have added a Poll to make it simpler....

Thanks a lot.

Ed Mubarak!!

:)

MODS: Can you please correct the Polls some are bold and some are not, I can't edit those after I have made the post. Sorry.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

...someone please start helping me out....Else will just ask forthe Steelseries one...Just like the no frills and only performance attitude.

Avoid Razer , i have owned deathadder , diamondback and copperhead and none of em lasted over a year. the only razer product i recommend are their mouse pads, that too you can opt for SS.
For the keyboard i'd recommend the Logitech G110 which i am currently using. Cost me 3850 through ebay.
Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard Peripheral review - Trusted Reviews
For the mouse it depends from person to person on what kind of grip you have. Don't go with all the flashy specs. claw or palm ?
Also its Xai :p

Claw. but I use more than just my tips to press the buttons....I found the DA just a bit long for me, since I dont really Palm it at all....

Yeah I was thinking of SS all the way...

I already have only SS mouse Mats, infact 2 XL ones, none of Razer.

I took out my old DA and the Trantula just to see the build quality, and no I decided against it. Sorry Razer right now this is tilting towards SS.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also Psy: Any place where you have seen them locally?

Not sure what you're asking about but Razers are everywhere, SS is found on the net more than in stores, havent been to croma lately so not sure if they have added stock. t

about the 7g i have heard from frnds that its a solid kb but never seen it in person, you can show it to us when you splurge on one :)

My Razer DA and imperator developed the double click issue with in a year. So, I am not a great fan of razer now.

If in case you zeroed to DA or Mamba , I will say go for DA as both are almost same with two extra buttons in mamba and wireless functionality.

As fas as SS is concerned , Xai is good but it will not compliment the soft mat and some of consumers complained about the early break down of the mouse. I have searched a lot on web but couldn't find anything which gives idea about its robustness. Also some people find the side buttons on the left side a bit annoying as they got clicked while using the mouse. Some complained about its software too.

After reading all this I backed out from buying Xai. Don't want to risk ~ 5K after experiencing the so called gaming mice from razer.

But SS is launching some new mice like Diable III(claim to have 10 million clicks per switch) and Sensei. Both have same form factor as Xai.

HTH.

Hello There,

If you use claw gripe i suggest you to have a look at CM Storm Spawn mouse. This was designed specifically for claw grip gamers. Other key features include use of Omron (Japanese)micro switches, onboard memory for storing configs and a precise optical sensor. Do give it a try, i'm sure you will like it!

--

Sanket

...Getting back to the topic...

I have decided on the 6Gv2 over the 7G cause:

The 7G offers USB pass thru but only if one uses the USB cable to connect to the PC.

And when one does that then max of 6 simultaneous Key Presses are registered/buffered and not all anti-Ghosting, its like using the 6Gv2 with the USB.

Anti-Ghosting is only when the PS/2 connection is used, but when one does that one loses out on the USB pass thru capability. So no point IMO.

Though I would have liked to have the USB ports on my Keyboard as I always find it very handy to connect my BlackBerry to that port easy to charge and transfer some files here and there.

Also, I have no use for the Audio jacks, and nor for the hand rest, so the 6Gv2 it is ... unless the price difference is reduced.

Now the Sensei is only available on the 30th of this month so I have to wait till then for it. :( or I can just go and order the Xai, lets ee how I go about it.

Just have a look at g510 as well awesome keyboard... I think each key has a customisable backlit , the lcd sceen can display you messages of various messengers while gaming , utilization n/w graphs and everest temps .

^^ Yeah I had a look at that G510 from Logitech.

I must say I really liked the specs of it, and it did seem to have a lot of stuff, which is useful, like the LCD for me; I would love to have my Core Temps being Displayed cause m into OC'ing and Watercooling as well, while gaming.

I like the key placement and the 5 Simultaneous key press etc, but the only reason I am choosing the Steelseries over this one is because of the Durability factor, I am just hoping it last more than what my current gaming keyboards have.

Update: I finally got the Steelseries 6Gv2 and the Xai.

Thanks for all the inputs.

PS. Will post pics and initial impressions when I the time ... Hopefully today.

Back