Linux Rasspberry Pi and Hackberry A10 - Where do i buy this ?

When did you order it? And from where?
What accessories were in the box?

I had ordered it immediately from the KitsnSpares link which you had posted.
Kindly check the previous posts in this thread.

The link is now changed , this is really strange the link keeps changing on KitsnSpares

- - - Updated - - -

When did you order it? And from where?
What accessories were in the box?

The link is now changed , this is really strange the link keeps changing on KitsnSpares

In the box was a instr paper and the board thats all.

I have my Rassberry Pi up and running now there is lots to explore now. :)

- - - Updated - - -

In the box was a instr paper and the board thats all.

I have my Rassberry Pi up and running now there is lots to explore now. :)

No power adapter?
What power adapter are you using?
Still don't know when I will order this. Will have to make up my mind soon.

Guys, please share what kind of work do you perform on the Pi. Would appreciate people's thought on what/how this helps you in what you do on the Pi.

^Is the asus wifi dongle you bought working without a hitch?

Also if i want to hook it up to a crt, will a hdmi-composite cable suffice or do i need something more?

^Is the asus wifi dongle you bought working without a hitch?

Also if i want to hook it up to a crt, will a hdmi-composite cable suffice or do i need something more?

I havent received the ASUS Wifi Dongle yet , once i receive it i will let you know for sure.
From the Articles that i have read around Rasspberry Pi it should work out of the box with the Raspbian “wheezy” build , lets see.

Will keep you updated.

Normal HDMI Cable works fine.

I got the pi + a flexible usb kb + intex mouse + asus n10 wifi dongle, + belkin 4 port usb hub, connecting to a TV via RCA out

the pi is working fine, I am at the stage where I am able to connect to my phone's wifi hotspot network, i.e. i have a proper IP address, but no website opens. Hopefully I should be able to resolve this today :)

I got the pi + a flexible usb kb + intex mouse + asus n10 wifi dongle, + belkin 4 port usb hub, connecting to a TV via RCA out

the pi is working fine, I am at the stage where I am able to connect to my phone's wifi hotspot network, i.e. i have a proper IP address, but no website opens. Hopefully I should be able to resolve this today :)

How did u get the ASUS N10 to connect to the Router.

Can u just list down those steps would be really helpful.
Also what Rass Pi OS are u using on ur SD Card.

Also how much did the powered usb hub cost you ?

The hub cost me ~950. There is an issue with plugging in the N10 into the hub, as it causes the kb and mouse to freeze, but it works fine in the rpi's 2nd usb port.

As for getting the router to work, it is automatically detected in wheezy (the OS i am using), you just need to edit the /etc/network/interfaces with the follwing lines of code

allow-hotplug wlan0
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid "your network ssid"
wpa-psk "network passwd"

then restarted the network /e
tc/init.d/networking restart

I hadn't put in the allow hotplug line so my problem was probably there, will try it out and post back

The hub cost me ~950. There is an issue with plugging in the N10 into the hub, as it causes the kb and mouse to freeze, but it works fine in the rpi's 2nd usb port.

As for getting the router to work, it is automatically detected in wheezy (the OS i am using), you just need to edit the /etc/network/interfaces with the follwing lines of code

allow-hotplug wlan0
auto wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-ssid "your network ssid"
wpa-psk "network passwd"

then restarted the network /e
tc/init.d/networking restart

I hadn't put in the allow hotplug line so my problem was probably there, will try it out and post back

fantastic worked great.
I am not much of a linux guy so i was puzzled how the hell do i edit the file , i know silly question but lol yeah. :p

I have managed to successfully connect the ASUS N10 on my Rasspberry Pi.

I used NANO as my text editor its pretty straight forward.

This is also a useful post : Raspberry Pi View topic - ASUS USB-N10 WiFi Adapter

I wrote a nice tutorial here enjoi :)

- - - Updated - - -

Any success with Audio and Video playback.
I have trying out a few softwares , audio playback has been good but video playback has not been upto my expectations

I have a few camera hacks in mind. In addition i am on the lookout for a cheap chinese 7 or 10 inch lcd panel to create a tablet-ish device :), for now though, I will use it as a TV-pc

I got the internet to work at the command line but not in x windows, so i am going to try different kb/mouse/adapter combos until i can get one that works.

hi.. a bit off topic but..
i have recieved my R-Pi today :yahoo: but i don't have a monitor to connect it to :facepalm: so i'm thinking of getting/making the usb-serial cable myself. after going through Pi support forums found that good old nokia ca-42 data cable is a perfect fit but couldn't find it anywhere in my locality. Can any of you guys please know/suggest a place / street ( mobile market ) in bangalore where i can find it ?

I got the internet to work at the command line but not in x windows, so i am going to try different kb/mouse/adapter combos until i can get one that works.

Got the internet to work in x windows - the kb was the problem, so will be going for an ultra basic kb ~150-200 rs.

hi.. a bit off topic but..
i have recieved my R-Pi today :yahoo: but i don't have a monitor to connect it to :facepalm: so i'm thinking of getting/making the usb-serial cable myself. after going through Pi support forums found that good old nokia ca-42 data cable is a perfect fit but couldn't find it anywhere in my locality. Can any of you guys please know/suggest a place / street ( mobile market ) in bangalore where i can find it ?

The RPi also has a S-Video out so you can hook it to ur TV as well incase u dont have a HDMI Monitor at home.
Also there might be HDMI to DVI/VGA Cables, i am not sure u will have to check that.

Got the internet to work in x windows - the kb was the problem, so will be going for an ultra basic kb ~150-200 rs.

You can grab any USB Keyboard for cheap , i had a iball basic keyboard lying at home using that but now i have got SSH working so i can connect to it remotely via Putty. so basically i just plug in my wifi dongle and keep it anywhere in my home and i can
run all those commandline code via Putty. I am also going to configure VNC this weekend.

I have written loads of articles on my blog sharing my Pi experience. i can pm you its link incase it interests you.

The RPi also has a S-Video out so you can hook it to ur TV as well incase u dont have a HDMI Monitor at home.
Also there might be HDMI to DVI/VGA Cables, i am not sure u will have to check that.

Umm..thanks but i don't have a monitor or a tv, have just a couple of laptops :| !.. Pi has many cool video hacks / projects worth trying.. so am planning to get a cheap and portable ( don't have any other use apart from using it with RPi) 15" lcd monitor with dvi as the vga ones require an expensive adapter and a hdmi-dvi costs around 200.
i have to lookout for that monitor now.

Back