PC Peripherals Quick & easy RAM/ Memory Replacement RMA in India. Which brands/ companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick & easy RAM/ Memory Replacement RMA in India. Which brands/ companies?

1st pref:
- Kingston
- Samsung
- Hynix

2nd pref:
- Patriot
- Crucial
- Corsair
- Micron

Any experiences? Since most of them have Lifetime/ Limited Lifetime warranties,

I'd like to know WHICH ONES have an Address in India where one could send the module for Warranty replacement?

Which companies give quick and easy Warranty replacements?

I'd vote for Corsair as they are very quick in giving replacement,I've had experience with Corsair when i gave my psu to rma so they'll be as quick for the ram as they were for psu or quicker.You'll get the ram replace within a week and also they'll ship the rmaed product to your home.For Corsair rma visit kaizen website-Kaizen Infoserve Private Limited.,Here you'll find several rma centers around india.

Hmm.. I'll check for Corsair, but my current requirement 2 x 4GB DDR2, I am getting most likely access to the Preference list 1.

Any people have experience with the above brands in India?

1st pref:
- Kingston
- Samsung
- Hynix

2nd pref:
- Patriot
- Crucial
- Corsair
- Micron

I'd like to know WHICH ONES have an Address in India where one could send the module for Warranty replacement?

Which companies give quick and easy Warranty replacements?

Out of the companies that you have listed out Sire, only these are available in all parts and are relatively easy to find / source --
  • Corsair
  • G.Skill
  • Kingston
  • Mushkin [spotted exclusively in Bangalore]

Out of the above I am aware of only Corsair, G.Skill and Kingston having a dedicated service network.
And out of these Corsair has the most reliable service network in the form of Kaizen Infotech. I think you should go for Corsair OR G.Skill in this situation.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

Out of the companies that you have listed out Sire, only these are available in all parts and are relatively easy to find / source --
  • Corsair
  • G.Skill
  • Kingston
  • Mushkin [spotted exclusively in Bangalore]

Out of the above I am aware of only Corsair, G.Skill and Kingston having a dedicated service network.
And out of these Corsair has the most reliable service network in the form of Kaizen Infotech. I think you should go for Corsair OR G.Skill in this situation.

Finally, one sensible, intelligent reply that addressed the question I am asking and sharing the information really asked for. There is such a lack of good techies here.

Also, I dont have an option to buy Corsair. Not available for the specific DDR2 module I want.

Kingston, Samsung, Hynix are what I can get.
Patriot is there but twice the price.

Others unavailable or more than double/ triple price.

B]Also, I dont have an option to buy Corsair. Not available for the specific DDR2 module I want.[/B]
This and your 2 x 4GB requirement should have been in your first post!
2 x 4GB is extremely rare. Are you sure they are available from Kingston, Samsung, Hynix?
Is 4 x 2GB not an option for you?
Samsung and Hynix warranty are handled by your dealer only AFAIK. Replacement can be over the counter if your dealer rapport is good.
Kingston is the only pan India option in your list with a dedicated service network.
Finally, one sensible, intelligent reply that addressed the question I am asking and sharing the information really asked for. There is such a lack of good techies here.
I looked through your posts and 3 words came to mind.. Pot .. kettle .. black.
Alphas long superfluous post concludes with - "I think you should go for Corsair OR G.Skill in this situation. "
Gskill is handled solely by mumbai dealers like primeabgb. Not available in your size and not in your preference list.
Which brings us back to corsair, mentioned by everyone from post 2.

Alphas long superfluous post concludes with - "I think you should go for Corsair OR G.Skill in this situation."

Could you have done any better with the lack of information, a more definitive answer with constrained information?

I did not even know OP was looking for DDR II modules.
Where is he sourcing the same from? Where is he located?

I recommend Corsair OR G.Skill because I have used them extensively in multiple RIG builds, in Bangalore getting them replaced was easy vis-a-vis non-existent Kingston / Samsung / Hynix. For Corsair you could go to Kaizen Infotech OR over-the-counter, for G.Skill it was always over-the-counter [Golccha Inter-Trade].

Hope this clarifies things.

I dont have an option to buy Corsair. Not available for the specific DDR2 module I want.

Where do you stay, Sire? Also you had not mentioned that you need DDR II modules, since they are no longer in production and mass circulation, chances are all price listings / quotes will be exorbitantly high.

Out of the above only Kingston has a pan-India service network. So I reason you go with them, they also have a PR Representative over here. I will tag them in this post so they can guide you better KingstonFE.

So please explain me whether I am the pot OR the kettle?

// Exactly why I did not post it. Then wise asses like you start telling and asking me the following questions. I know what I am doing and I know what I ASKED.. I asked about the VENDORS warranty replacement services in INDIA. Which module I buy and where I buy is not your Outlook, until / unless I ask for it.

2 x 4GB is extremely rare. Are you sure they are available from Kingston, Samsung, Hynix?

// Dude what the hell are you smoking? I know its hard to get since the arrival of DDR3. But, its not rare. I know many people on Thinkpad Forums using 2 x 4GB DDR2 on their thinkpads. I had it my plans but did not need it till now.
Yes, the prices have gone up and DDR2 is more expensive than DDR3. Then again, I am a resourceful global traveler who has contacts in US, Singapore, China, Europe etc.
And in my laptops (in the signature) I can but 2 x 4GB only.

// Now why did I not give all the above information. Its pointless, because such stupid questions and suggestions would be made.
I am not asking whether its RARE OR what my technical options are OR whatever the stupid stuff pops in your head.

// I asked simply which companies support & warranty replace their products easily in India. This was PERFECTLY CLEARLY ASKED in the FIRST POST.

Samsung and Hynix warranty are handled by your dealer only AFAIK.
Replacement can be over the counter if your dealer rapport is good.
Kingston is the only pan India option in your list with a dedicated service network.

// This is what your answer should have contained. This is what I had asked. PS - That means Samsung & Hynix dont really service / replace their products in India as a company.. Atleast no evidence of that per se.

// Because you're smoking some funky stuff my friend.

Alphas long superfluous post concludes with - "I think you should go for Corsair OR G.Skill in this situation. "
Gskill is handled solely by mumbai dealers like primeabgb. Not available in your size and not in your preference list.

// Thats why I said.. It is pointless for you to meddle into "which memory spec" I want. My concern is which companies stand behind their products locally in India.

Could you have done any better with the lack of information, a more definitive answer with constrained information?

// The mark of an intelligent man.

I recommend Corsair OR G.Skill because I have used them extensively in multiple RIG builds, in Bangalore getting them replaced was easy
vis-a-vis
non-existent Kingston / Samsung / Hynix.

For Corsair you could go to Kaizen Infotech OR over-the-counter, for G.Skill it was always over-the-counter [Golccha Inter-Trade].

Where do you stay, Sire? Also you had not mentioned that you need DDR II modules, since they are no longer in production and mass circulation, chances are all price listings / quotes will be exorbitantly high.

Out of the above only Kingston has a pan-India service network. So I reason you go with them, they also have a PR Representative over here. I will tag them in this post so they can guide you better KingstonFE.

That really helped.

I appreciate your intelligence, your clarity and focus in reading clearly and replying concisely to the aspects posed in the question.

In all honesty, none of this information I am posting here is RELEVANT to what I had asked with a very FOCUSED APPROACH. Some people just cant focus and like to deviate into unnecessary investigation and discussion.

I've been using & hacking computers since 286s era and even dabble into Grid Computing. Friends of mine have hacked & exposed VSNL server security holes way back in the day.

I am probably one of the few people who got CAT 6 Gigabit Cabling installed throughout the house 6/7 years back when I envisaged what is now commonly used in homes; NAS & Media Players/ Streamers. Right now I dont get so much time for tech play.. But I am still running a 6 TB NAS in the House and use XBMC for playing on a BIG TV.

FYI - Prices for these DDR2 SODIMMs are such.. China (X) | US (2X - 3X) | Singapore (3X-4X) | and India.. well.. I don't even want to go there. But anyways, do ask your G-skill/ Corsair shop how much they cost.. I'm just curious to know.

I love my X61T machine and putting in a Crucial M4 256 SSD in it and with this RAM it will last me a long time until RETINA/ HIGH REST screens are available widely.

Currently in India, but I end up buying products mostly outside of India, US (Frys, Newegg, Amazon etc), Singapore etc. Have a good global network of people.

Hi CrashnBurn, sorry for the very late reply. I don't think we have DDR2 modules (8GB) any more. We probably have the 4GB ones. We suggest that you head here and enter your specifications to find a suitable Kingston RAM.
Hope that's helpful. :)

Also, I dont have an option to buy Corsair. Not available for the specific DDR2 module I want.

Others unavailable or more than double/ triple price.
which specific module u want?
PM me.

How much warranty nowadays is Corsair giving on Laptop & Desktop memory... It used to be 10 years earlier but don't know whats applicable now..

How much warranty nowadays is Corsair giving on Laptop & Desktop memory... It used to be 10 years earlier but don't know whats applicable now..

Lifetime is what it reads on most memory products. Taking it with a pinch [large] of salt it must be somewhere around ~5 years > 10 years. But then I rarely see Corsair fail to deliver and even their after sales network has a solid backbone.

Alpha17 -

I received a warning from one of the Moderators about not insulting forum members. Please tell me in what way have I insulted anyone?

I have only responded Jarod's snyde "I am so wise and you both are so stupid" remarks in a way to put him in his place. He was jumping on top of me and nice & gentlemanly and very courteous Alpha17 and calling his PERFECT REPLY - Superfluous.

Please tell me. I may have been a little rough on him, but he started by being a wise ass and insulting you and me both and not FOCUSING on the subject of the discussion and what I asked by drifting off topic.

I did not ask for the Memory modules, I asked about Post Sales Service & Warranty replacement.

Dear Moderator - Let me point out to you where Mr. Jarod started his dramatics..

Others unavailable or more than double/ triple price

// Self Righteous statement. Alpha 17 - I asked for PSS & Warranty RMA. Not specific modules.

2 x 4GB is extremely rare.
Are you sure they are available from Kingston, Samsung, Hynix?

// No, he knows more than I do about where I am getting my modules. Just cant stick to what the person is stating confidently but letting his mind work overtime.

// Moot point - I stated that I wanted to know about Warrant Replacement services but he wants to dig into which modules I want.
// Then coach me on the modules he thinks I should get
// Does not read the MACHINES / Laptops I have in my signature - T61/ X61T which are DDR2. If at all he was trying to EXTRA HELPFUL by using his INTELLIGENCE
// Either stick to what is being asked & if you want to go Consultative then be AWARE & INTELLIGENT on the INFORMATION given to you.

Samsung and Hynix warranty are handled by your dealer only AFAIK. Replacement can be over the counter if your dealer rapport is good.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/superfluous
Definition of SUPERFLUOUS

a : exceeding what is sufficient or necessary : extrab : not needed : unnecessary

obsolete: marked by wastefulness :extravagant

Here in BOLD RED, he starts by totally showing his SELF-RIGHTEOUS attitude and starts "nicely" insulting Me and Alpha 17, while being totally unproductive to the discussion and the questions being asked, while going on a complete tangent.

I recommend Corsair OR G.Skill because I have used them extensively in multiple RIG builds, in Bangalore getting them replaced was easy vis-a-vis non-existent Kingston / Samsung / Hynix. For Corsair you could go to Kaizen Infotech OR over-the-counter, for G.Skill it was always over-the-counter [Golccha Inter-Trade].

So please explain me whether I am the pot OR the kettle?

I have been able to source them from out of India. They are being shipped to me as we speak. These are 2 x 4GB modules.

Hi CrashnBurn, sorry for the very late reply. I don't think we have DDR2 modules (8GB) any more. We probably have the 4GB ones. We suggest that you head here and enter your specifications to find a suitable Kingston RAM.
Hope that's helpful. :)

No problem. Thanks for asking.

I know DDR2 SODIMMs are available in 2 x 4GB Max. What kind of prices do you have on these in India?
Are you official Kingston service/ Warranty person or a Dealer?

which specific module u want?
PM me.

Why dont you guys please read whats already been posted? 2 x 4GB DDR2 667 / 800 SODIMMs for T61 / X61T ..

I received a warning from one of the Moderators about not insulting forum members. Please tell me in what way have I insulted anyone?

Honestly as I am not a MOD I cannot really explain you why you got ticketed for this, but I think you should have kept the wise @$$ remark out of the equation.

This not withstanding being a member solely on TE (I do not have any profiles on other forums like TDF, [E]) and a dormant account on a OCFreaks! I would baulk if I get booted out of. So I have adapted and have an increasingly thick skin to such attacks, sure I do give into backlashes but have long since realized that it just diminishes your persona online.

Even I got a ticket from the MODs for inappropriate posting and well it was quite a revelation, Cheerio!! Mate relax and take it in your stride.

To all who will end up on this thread Peace, and please do not start flaming / zerging OP or other parties for expressing their personal views on the matter, crashnburn I honestly you take this up with the MOD(s) / ADMIN(s) if you feel you have been short-changed in this case and avoid making the matter public.

Alpha17 - I am on so many forums I cant even count. I have never had to resort to this kind of tactic. On the other hand on most other forums, the Mods would have POLICED the other fellow before I would have the chance to take his case.

This one small forum is not a big deal, but the Mods understanding of the scenario needs to be clear. If they are not there to POLICE "superfluous" people then something has to be done. I would normally resort to "fancy shmancy" words and diplomatically take his case. But, when he started being a "wise ass", which he was being and I did not have the patience to be "diplomatically correct" with a snyde person.

He needed a wake up call.

Mr. Moderator - Please read through his REMARKS before you make a judgement. I do admit I called him a "wise ass" but that was after his remarks of "Superfluous" & "Pot Kettle Black"

Honestly as I am not a MOD I cannot really explain you why you got ticketed for this, but I think you should have kept the wise @$$ remark out of the equation.

This not withstanding being a member solely on TE (I do not have any profiles on other forums like TDF, [E]) and a dormant account on a OCFreaks! I would baulk if I get booted out of. So I have adapted and have an increasingly thick skin to such attacks, sure I do give into backlashes but have long since realized that it just diminishes your persona online.

Even I got a ticket from the MODs for inappropriate posting and well it was quite a revelation, Cheerio!! Mate relax and take it in your stride.

To all who will end up on this thread Peace, and please do not start flaming / zerging OP or other parties for expressing their personal views on the matter, crashnburn I honestly you take this up with the MOD(s) / ADMIN(s) if you feel you have been short-changed in this case and avoid making the matter public.

This one small forum is not a big deal, but the Mods understanding of the scenario needs to be clear. If they are not there to POLICE "superfluous" people then something has to be done. I would normally resort to "fancy shmancy" words and diplomatically take his case. But, when he started being a "wise ass", which he was being and I did not have the patience to be "diplomatically correct" with a snyde person.

Mr. Moderator - Please read through his REMARKS before you make a judgement. I do admit I called him a "wise ass" but that was after his remarks of "Superfluous" & "Pot Kettle Black"

Now you are escalating it in the wrong way, PM the MOD who awarded you the infraction don't vent here.

Also the latter Pot... Kettle... Black is an idiom. You can look up its meaning here.

I suggest you desist making any more comments [not relating to your RAM query / purchase] on this thread please. Cheerio!!

If you feel you want to report any issues feel free to REPORT any incriminating post in the thread to the relevant MOD(s) and follow on with them.

I havent checked who gave infraction to you, but I will tell you one thing. This is a forum and you are not the owner of topic which is even made by you. Its a platform to discuss things. You do not need to go Chuck Norris on a person because he strayed from the questions asked by you. You take what you need or want from that or leave it.
This is not examination paper where people must give correct answer or dont post anything. Many times they add value to discussion, maybe its of no value to you, but for someone else who came here because this topic interested him. This is why forums exist and this the nature of the forums. There is a difference between slight OT and misinformation. We handle misinformation, little out of topic discussion touching some other points is fine and tolerated here.

I havent checked who gave infraction to you, but I will tell you one thing. This is a forum and you are not the owner of topic which is even made by you. Its a platform to discuss things. You do not need to go Chuck Norris on a person because he strayed from the questions asked by you. You take what you need or want from that or leave it.

// Agreed completely. No two doubts about that. May I respectfully ask you this - So he calls ME & ALPHA17 names that is fine. I call him "wise guy" and that is going Chuck Norris? May I ask where "wise guy" is going Chuck Norris?

// In terms of ownership, I believe I do not legally own this forum or threads. But, if someone is disturbing the direction of the thread and calling people names, should I not have the inclination to "encourage" the good people and "discourage" the "thread trollers/ disturbers" and "insulters" of the good people from their negative actions.

// PS: I would really like to understand what my actual INFRACTION was? Was it calling him "wise guy" ? .. I'd really like to understand exactly which part of my RESPONSE did you guys have the most problem with?

This is not examination paper where people must give correct answer or dont post anything. Many times they add value to discussion, maybe its of no value to you, but for someone else who came here because this topic interested him. This is why forums exist and this the nature of the forums. There is a difference between slight OT and misinformation. We handle misinformation, little out of topic discussion touching some other points is fine and tolerated here.

Fine. So, I told "mr superflous" and "pot kettle stoner" that I DO NOT VALUE his line of QUESTIONING ME and that HE SHOULD NOT BE INSULTING Me and Mr.Alpha17.
What kind of INTEREST was it on this topic? The INTEREST was to provide me information. And he did the opposite. So I told him sorry I do not want that.

His INSULTING & BAD MOUTHING both of us was TOLERABLE? And my saying "wise guy" was not tolerable? Please elaborate?

I responded in kind because no Moderator intervened and I figured this "level" of "discussion/ differences" was left by the moderators to resolve at our level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back